Need Moist Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Need Moist Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:47 pm

It looks like we're gonna be covered up with Family on Thanksgiving and I've decided instead of doing a whole Turkey, I want to smoke a couple of Turkey Breasts instead. I would like to be able to prepare them on the Pellet Grill the day before and still have moist Turkey meat on Thanksgiving Day after heating them up in the Pellet Grill along with a couple of pre-cooked spiral cut Hams. I probably have room for 2 hams and 2 full Turkey Breast for warming up.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Need Moist Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe

Postby Rambo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm

I do the breasts every year. If you’ll get them smoked, much easier. I inject with Tony’s butter and tent in foil. Bring them up to 165 and rest in tent until slicing. Easy Smeezie
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:36 pm

1836 with a light dusting of SPG. Cook until 130-135 internal, then pan with a stick of butter and cover with foil. Cook to 165 and pull them. Parts i got my advice from the counselor, send him a message. He brines his, i did not. And i cooked mine with the skin on. But i won’t the next time. Mine turned just spectacular. I have 4 more ordered with my buddy that works for Ben E Kieth. The counselor for sure steered me right on this, as it was my first time to cook one on the pit.

CBC67EEC-22FB-48E2-A413-5C1038AAB0E3.jpeg

B2EBB61D-5805-4306-9A2D-54B1DCBF71D1.jpeg

311D07D5-13D7-4F00-946A-674A730A1FB0.jpeg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Thanks, my deal this year is that I'll probably have to do 2 birds and 2 hams if things work out the way they are headed. I could care less about the drums and thighs and it's a PITA carving a whole turkey and coming up with plenty of proper helpings without carcass waste. :idea:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks, G'Rails, I started to send Counselor a PM asking about his Brine/Marinade that he's had such luck with.
Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of good ideas and make a decision from all of this good stuff.
Thanks, Y'all, keep'em coming - - - it ain't over till the Turkey Gobbles. :laughing7: :lol: :D
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Probably just me, but I like to Smoke Turkey Breasts till about 135/40 internal temp, then lay them in a Cast Iron Dutch Oven with White Wine, Chicken Bone Stock, Heavy Cream, Butter, Black Pepper, Salt and Dijon Mustard.
Let it simmer on Low covered till 165 .
It's Great if ur into that kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:14 am

woodenvisions wrote:Probably just me, but I like to Smoke Turkey Breasts till about 135/40 internal temp, then lay them in a Cast Iron Dutch Oven with White Wine, Chicken Bone Stock, Heavy Cream, Butter, Black Pepper, Salt and Dijon Mustard.
Let it simmer on Low covered till 165 .
It's Great if ur into that kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
I'm absolutely into this. That sound delicious.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:38 am

[quote="GRailsback"]1836 with a light dusting of SPG. Cook until 130-135 internal, then pan with a stick of butter and cover with foil. Cook to 165 and pull them. Parts i got my advice from the counselor, send him a message. He brines his, i did not. And i cooked mine with the skin on. But i won’t the next time. Mine turned just spectacular. I have 4 more ordered with my buddy that works for Ben E Kieth. The counselor for sure steered me right on this,
[quote]

To me this is fantastic, I remove the skin, then rather than pan, the bird I take a piece of foil place the breast meat side down, lay the stick of unsalted butter on top of the breast (in the cavity, if there was one) then add a generous squirt of honey, wrap tightly with the foil and finish to 160 internal. Place in the fridge as soon as cool enough to and reheat the next day as needed. The folks as church say they dont like turkey but they like this... got rave reviews. Sorry no pics I was too busy serving.

me being me, when I cook, I always do a practice cook prior a week or three just to be sure of my methods and timing, so you are right on time to do your practice and take notes so you can be spot on for the big day!!
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:21 pm