Need Steak Help !

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Re: Need Steak Help !

Postby castironchris » Thu May 02, 2019 11:26 am

One of my favorite meals in this world is cubed steak and onion gravy. Mashed taters on the side. Salt, pepper, maybe a little garlic powder, then flour and fry. Then make onion gravy from the grease and throw the cube steaks back in and let them simmer for a while. One of my favorite meals that my mama still makes for me every time I visit home. Now I make it and it's one of my daughters favorites but she always tells me "It ain't quite as good and Grandma's". I wouldn't have it any other way.
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu May 02, 2019 11:38 am

Boots wrote:Have found many things in life are not logical but happened anyway. Billy Ray Cyrus sold millions of records, but neither science nor logic can explain why, his music would scare the dogs back under the house....

Parts, another idea; beef parmigiana over pasta. Like veal parmigiana. It's Italian, but you still get to fry it...
Boots, I've been trying to " Itilianize " Emm for years.I think he may be allergic to Pasta and Parmigiano...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu May 02, 2019 12:05 pm

My Recipe for IT'allien S'ketti is:
Browned ground meat with Rotel maters and green chili over Thin long S'ketti then grated Monterey Chez on top :dont: :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu May 02, 2019 12:23 pm

Waiting for pictures
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm

I'm in no hurry and the Wiffy has calmed down so don't hold yer breath :laughing7: :lol: :D
Probably next week somtime ?maybe? :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu May 02, 2019 6:21 pm

I'd dip it in egg then breadcrumbs. We call it beef schnitzel here. We had it on Monday.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri May 03, 2019 7:03 am

dip in an egg mixed in a 1/2 cup of milk or buttermilk if ya have it... Then in yer flour be generous with the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, some cayenne, celery salt and some lemon pepper, then add a child size portion of bakin powder (for fluff in the hot grease) roll those steak in th flour and lay gently in hot grease fry until golden brown, and save th drippins fer th gravy makins, use a couple table spoons of flour sprinkled in the pan wit most of the grease removed stir until café color then stir while adding the milk about a cup and a half, after she boils and thickens place a nice pad of gravy on the plate and lay one of those steaks on top, add taters or veggies and enjoy...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 03, 2019 7:16 am

Thanks S.T. and Russ - - - I"m pretty sure that it will be dipped and fried and topped with gravy in some fashion or tuther :tup: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm

First of all thanks to the ones that offered a Recipe for these tenderized (yeah right) cuts. I chicken fried two of them today with a double dipping into egg/milk dredge and seasoned flour. Fixed some rice and brussels sprouts to go with them and Lunch was served.

Bottomline: I did not like them at all and further more to be blade tenderized they were chewable and tastless, except for the double dredging :whiteflag: I'm thinking stew or chili meat for the ones that are still in the freezer. :dont:

P5080002.JPG

P5080003.JPG

P5080005.JPG
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed May 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Maybe you got a bad package because I've made them like you with gravy and they were fork cutting tender and not chewy.Sorry it didn't work out Emm
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 08, 2019 3:57 pm

Not all in vain because the Wiffy ate half of hers and saved the other half for a sammich for Supper :dont: :roll: :laughing7:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Dang, usually a good smothering in cream gravy fixes everything. Looks good, sorry they didn’t turn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Without the Gravy it would have joined the black vinyl 30 gal bag after the first chew session (bite). :laughing7:

Return to “Request a Recipe”