Joe Cotten's BBQ Sauce

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bigwheel
Outlaw

Joe Cotten's BBQ Sauce

Postby bigwheel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Got a fella looking for a clone recipe. Not sure there be many who ever ate at Joe Cotten's as it on US 77 just S. of Robistown over there and before you get to Bishop. Thats the only one there is as far as I know. Never was real impressed with the groceries. Aint ate in the place since Old Shep was still a pup. Trying a shot in the dark here to see if anybody might be familiar with the place and give some hints on a reasonable facsimile of their sauce. Thanks.

bigwheel
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Re: Joe Cotten's BBQ Sauce

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:58 pm

bigwheel wrote:Got a fella looking for a clone recipe. Not sure there be many who ever ate at Joe Cotten's as it on US 77 just S. of Robistown over there and before you get to Bishop. Thats the only one there is as far as I know. Never was real impressed with the groceries. Aint ate in the place since Old Shep was still a pup. Trying a shot in the dark here to see if anybody might be familiar with the place and give some hints on a reasonable facsimile of their sauce. Thanks.

bigwheel

Been there many a time. My ex-BIL is friends with the Cotten family. Don't know if they still run the place or not.

Only place that I know of that the waiters (no waitresses) all wear tuxedos and the food is served on wax paper and your tea spoon is plastic.

Can't help ya on the sauce though...

EDIT: BW, next time you go to that neck of the woods, after you go and get snot slingin drunk, go to Estralettas in Robstown. Killer breakfast tacos and open really late or 24 hours, dont remember which.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Hey Boto..you trying to get me kilt or something? I stick out like a gringo with a sore thumb down there. You ever tried Esparanza's Bakery on the N. Side of Foat Wuth? It on Exchange a few doors down from Joe T. Garcias headed South..same side of the road. It owned and run by Joe T's. sister or sister in law...I forget which right now. They got some purty authentic S. of the Border type breakfastses. Don't think they cater to the late night muy barracho crowd is the only thing. I getting way too old for that marlarky anyway. Takes me a month to get over a decent hangover nowadays. Now back when I was 20'ish..I could shut down the 2 AM places for three days in a row and be fresh as a daisy the next day. Need to take a little nap about day 3. Thanks for the tip and the nostalgia trip:)

bigwheel

Return to “Request a Recipe”