Personal "preferred" homemade Jerk Sauce

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Personal "preferred" homemade Jerk Sauce

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:22 am

There are lots of Videos and Recipes on the Net but I was wondering if any of Y'all had a Homemade Jerk Sauce Recipe that you have made, tried and like :?: If you do, would you share it with us please. :dont: :bow: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Personal "preferred" homemade Jerk Sauce

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:45 am

I gave up and went to Walkerswood Traditional Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, Hot & Spicy. It can't be beat, and it has Scotch Bonnet Peppers in it, which are impossible to find. All you need is pimento wood for authentic Jamaican jerk chicken.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 am

Thanks Oakie, if you gave up then I might ought to surrender also and try to find some store bought stuff :dont: ?Pimento Wood? - - - I ain't even goin there :whiteflag: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:24 am

I’m with OSB. Walkerswood and Grace do just fine for me. Been so long since we’ve been to Jamaica but I think it nails what I can remember anyway.

Haven’t ordered any pimento wood but I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:16 am

OK, Oakie, Sooner and Y'all, I had Wally World order me a jug of this - - - ?is this what Y'all use?
But before I serve it to him I MUST ASK is "IS THE HEAT BEARABLE for the average lover of good food?" It is a special thing that I'm doing for my oldest stepson and I want it to be as close to "origginal" as possible BUT there won't be any Pimento Wood used this time.
WalkerswoodJerk.jpg
WalkerswoodJerk.jpg (40.09 KiB) Viewed 5471 times

I plan on Marinating a spatchcocked Cornish Hen and then doing it over charcoal with maybe some apple wood chips????????

ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS is greatly appreciated.

Have a Great Weekend :tup: :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:52 am

Walkerswood is the real deal…follow the directions on the bottle. Not sure what a comparable sub for pimeto would be.

It’s been a long time, but I do remember some kick. I’m a really poor judge of that because I like spicy.

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:01 am

Sorry, OUP, we used a rub whenever we did jerk. Never actually sauce.

For a pimiento wood substitute, if you have whole allspice, toss a few on the fire. Maybe soak first.
Moink!
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:09 am

That's it. Follow directions. Wipe off any lumps, or it will be too hot.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTHENTIC-PIMENTO-WOOD-CHIPS-pounds/dp/B01G5YN8G2
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 pm

thanks, for the reply Oakie - - - will do on the lumps - - - got my fingers crossed that it even gets here in time but I'm gonna hold off on the Pimento Purchase for the moment :salut:

thanks, also Sailor and Sooner :tup:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Quick update on my Jerk Sauce "Quest" - - - the Cornish Hen that I did with the KC Jamaican Jerk Marinade was, in my opinion a fail, even tho my guests ate it and said it was good, it wasn't what I wanted. So I let the dust clear, went to Walkerswood's Site and used one of their recommended Locations to purchase some. I decided on Amazon.com and found a twin pack of Hot and Spicy and Mild. Two 10oz Jars for $15 - - OUCH but at least I have the real deal now and can give this an Honest Second Go Round. Not in any hurry because I want to get my oldest Step-son and maybe my two sons over for the Cook, especially since my boys like the spicy and I want to turn them onto it also. Thanks for the help Oakie - - - I'll let you know when I give this a shot. :tup: :salut:

IMG_0002.JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:35 pm

If you like the Walkerswood I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it at Kroger and Tom Thumb around here.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Thanks for the thread oup, I'm a learning about jerk ATM. I've Been called one a few times,lol. I'm gunna see what's available locally? Or try my version of it.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Russ, I may try a homemade mixture eventually, just for grins but this is supposed to be the Cat's Meow so I'm taking it to the limit. :tup:

Sooner, I'll bet that Kroger probably has it but our local Kroger is most times a mad house with shoppers and not enough checker outers. Maybe I can buzz in there early or late hours some time. :dont:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Oup, I came across this one, I like the sound of it and the ingredients. What's your thought on this one.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/jam ... -rub-29317

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Maybe added to sucklebusters chipotle sauce????

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

Return to “Request a Recipe”