Squash

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Squash

Postby Russ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:40 pm

CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:
CaptJack wrote:
Russ wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Back when I deer hunted to excess, I always had some fresh Venison and that meant Backstrap. I really enjoyed making K-Bobs from 2" cubed backstrap, own-yawn, jalapeno, yeller squash, zuchinni and par-boiled new taters. They were like a Feast on a Stick :tup: :chef:

Talking of venison, you might like this, took what I thought were fillet steaks out of the freezer for family dinner, about 3 hrs from cooking I was getting ready for prep, took out of the bag, venison back strap steaks, forgot I had those, only me and my son eat venison and he was out of town for 4 days. The cat that's not mine was the winner, he had venison 4 nights in a row,lol.
Russ

OUCH! I loved my cat
but what a waste of good venison!!

That's how we roll around here capt, the cat just turned up one day, he's at the French doors every night at 8 o clock waiting on me. Venison was a treat for him. He lives well I can assure you that.
Russ

cats are true carnivores
if you only feed them meat, never dry food they stay healthy
Cerveza at 18 - made it to 20

Nice cat, we never replaced our last cat, we are never home. My cat gets what we eat. Wife wouldn't let me buy worm pills for him, she said we aren't worming a cat that's not ours,lol. Minnie our last cat made it to 18 as well, her ashes were spread over the garden.
Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:43 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Russ wrote:The cat that's not mine was the winner, he had venison 4 nights in a row,lol.
Russ

"somebody git'a Rope" - - - I have 3 dictator cats but they would NEVER get my Backstrap :D

Lol, he is spoilt. And I have a funny feeling yours is as well.lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:02 am

I don't eat venison, so I no longer hunt deer. I only hunt what I will eat these days, but dove and quail had better watch out. They will be in the brine so fast they won't know what hit em.

Does this one looked spoiled to you?? Not a bit.....
Attachments
CIMG0402.JPG
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:13 am

OK, I'll join this Feline Fracuss this morning - - - OH BTW, Jason, you have just been HI-JACKED by the Best on the Net :tup: :salut:
This one likes to eat his Breakfast in stages over an hours time so he just got let back outside for the second time. Not to worry because he'll be at the front door come evening feeding time - - maybe I should install a revolving door in the front of the house?
Momo.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:19 am

OldUsedParts wrote:OK, I'll join this Feline Fracuss this morning - - - OH BTW, Jason, you have just been HI-JACKED by the Best on the Net :tup: :salut:
This one likes to eat his Breakfast in stages over an hours time so he just got let back outside for the second time. Not to worry because he'll be at the front door come evening feeding time - - maybe I should install a revolving door in the front of the house?
Momo.jpg

Looks like he is very concerned about his next meal...
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:27 am

He's probably watching me post on the TBBQF :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
jasonpalderson
Pilgrim

Postby jasonpalderson » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:43 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:OK, I'll join this Feline Fracuss this morning - - - OH BTW, Jason, you have just been HI-JACKED by the Best on the Net :tup: :salut:
Momo.jpg

That's fine. It's quite comical. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonpalderson
Pilgrim

Postby jasonpalderson » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:45 pm

jasonpalderson wrote:[quote="OldUsedParts"]OK, I'll join this Feline Fracuss this morning - - - OH BTW, Jason, you have just been HI-JACKED by the Best on the Net :tup: :salut:
Momo.jpg

That's fine. It's quite comical. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171021/293d76b646590033548e484ee39a6b8b.jpg[/img][img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171021/293d76b646590033548e484ee39a6b8b.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
This one takes showers w mamaImage

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 pm

jasonpalderson wrote: Image

YIKES -- - Hey Gang, they are NOT smiling :whiteflag: :laughing7: :D :lol:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Nice pics of felines, someone said to me years ago they rule their owner,lol. Justin you married well. She's gorgeous. I'll try get a pic of sexy later, but he looks identical to oups cat.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:35 pm

darn typo, meant cat soxy not sexy,lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

jasonpalderson
Pilgrim

Postby jasonpalderson » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:58 am

Well ding dang darn it. I took pics of the butternut we did and can't find them now.

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Very nice-looking kittehs! Wish I could find a pic or two of ours.

I just made some butternut soup. Sauteed onion, garlic and celery, added squished squash and a little curry powder, salt, pepper, and a can of chicken broth. Cooked until I said it was done, served with a dollop of dairy (yogurt, skyr, sour cream.) and we inhaled it.
Moink!

Return to “Request a Recipe”