Needing help/ guidance!!

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

nichocha33
Pilgrim

Needing help/ guidance!!

Postby nichocha33 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:49 pm

I have a friend that has a bennefit cook tomorrow and needless to say he is running behind. He had plans to make baked(smoked) beans properly(soaking dry beans overnight)but has run out of time. I used to have a recipe that was decent for using canned beans, my recipe seemed like it had coke, rotel,brown,sugar,sugar, bbq seasoning, onion, bell pepper, bbq sauce and some other odds and ends. Well, I cant find that recipe can anyone help me out,I stumped and he wants a recipe rather than guidance. Help us out please!!!

Chad
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Re: Needing help/ guidance!!

Postby BluDawg » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:33 pm

I never soak beans over night, Sort them put in a pot with enough water to cover by 3 " and bing to a boil. Boil for 10 min cover pot remove from heat and let stand 1 hr. Same as an overnight soak.

Texas Roadhouse Baked Beans recipe

Source: Chef Dan Davis, Texas Roadhouse

1/8 cup canola oil
8 ounces sirloin strips
1/2 cup water, divided
8 ounces bacon, diced
4 cans pinto beans, drained
3 cups barbecue sauce
1 cup molasses

Cook sirloin strips in oil until medium rare. Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup water; remove beef and let cool before slicing into 1/2-inch to 1-inch squares.

Cook bacon until just the color is brick red. Deglaze pan with the remaining 1/4 cup water. Place remaining ingredients in a roasting pan; stir in the sirloin and bacon. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour in a 300 degree F oven.
Last edited by BluDawg on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
davidtxs USER_AVATAR
Davidtxs
Bandolero

Postby Davidtxs » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:33 pm

DOES he live near an academy sports go get some fiesta pinto bean seasoning GREAT STUFF
When I grow up I wanna be EITHER

Jethro Gibbs thats TW0 B's Second is for
OR
Redneck Cooker "watch out Trigg"
So If any teams want a reasonable website let me know
nichocha33
Pilgrim

Postby nichocha33 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:36 pm

I think he does live near an Academy. He was looking more for a Baked/smoked bean recipe(sweeter side, i guess).

So you can boil the beans first,hmm Ill let him know this, thanks for the help fellas.

Chad
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:35 pm

I know I'm late to the party here, but you can find Fiesta seasonings in just about every store around me. Walmart even carries it, although its not with the other typical spices. They have all of the fiesta spices on the hispanic isle. Fiesta pinto bean seasoning is my go-to as well. ;)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm

BluDawg wrote:I never soak beans over night, Sort them put in a pot with enough water to cover by 3 " and bing to a boil. Boil for 10 min cover pot remove from heat and let stand 1 hr. Same as an overnight soak...

Small white beans(AKA Navy or pea beans) just need to be boiled for the 10 min then drained and put in the pot with seasonings and cooked. 1 lb of beans takes about 3 hours, more or less, to bake at 300°.
I've had Texas Roadhouse beans up here and they were not anything like the recipe you posted, which looks pretty good, they were so full of liquid smoke as to be inedible.

Return to “Request a Recipe”