Smoked Almonds and Sea Salt?

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bauer8it USER_AVATAR
Bauer8It
Wrangler

Smoked Almonds and Sea Salt?

Postby Bauer8It » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 pm

I received some smoked almonds as well as smoked sea salt for Christmas and thought about doing this myself. Anyone have any good recipes for either of these? It seems like it should be easy to do, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great new year!
Mini WSM and 22.5 WSM
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: Smoked Almonds and Sea Salt?

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 pm

From what I understand the US has only two commercial producers of smoked salt. One is in Texas http://sweatnspice.com/products-page/al ... moked-salt" target="_blank . I did some research on smoking salt a bit ago. Seems to be a complicated process get the smoke in the salt and not just on the outside. Their process, proprietary of course, can take up two weeks.

As for almonds, I just buy them smoked already as they are the same price as unsmoked almonds.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bearnurse USER_AVATAR
BearNurse
Pilgrim

Re: Smoked Almonds and Sea Salt?

Postby BearNurse » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 am

I usually take 4lbs of raw almonds, melt 2 sticks of butter... mix in a bowl and add sea salt till covered... then i place in one of those square grilling pans with all the holes in it..... smoke em for about 4 hrs.... i stir em every now and then.... so the smoke flavor gets to em all.... after the cool they never last long! ppl eat em up! hope this helped?
Brinkman Offset Smoker
Dreams of Building My own Smoker

"Whack his horns off wipe its nasty lil tail and throw it on the plate"
NOW THATS GOOD EATIN!

Return to “Request a Recipe”