4lb bonless ribeye roast

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

danger831 USER_AVATAR
danger831
Rustler

4lb bonless ribeye roast

Postby danger831 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:08 pm

got a 4lb boneless rib eye roast a friend said he got one also and cut his into steaks but he said they were tough. I plan on cooking mine whole but am looking for a recipe that will help with the toughness or at least be so good no one will notice it is tough. Is there a marinade I can use to make it less tough ? Thanks
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Re: 4lb bonless ribeye roast

Postby Hj » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:03 am

FOUND THE key to great Prime Rib is cooking low n slow in oven or on grill n until internal temp reaches medium rare or medium -once temp reaches medium rare watch it closely cause it will climb quickly.
Never had one come out tuff or dry. But always a first- I guess.
Make sure fat side it always facing towards U so juices run down through meat
When grilling I still like to have the juices collected in a pan Prime will make it's own juice without adding water.
Purchase the small end cut n bone in or boneless but the small end is meatier n better quality with more meat in my opinion.

Place in baking pan or dish with bone in SMALL END Prime Rib.
Oven 275° F.
Prime rib doesn't need rubs to be excellent tasting
Stuff slices of lean bacon into sides n deep into fat-pepper ñ garlic granular all over lightly
place ribs in baking dish or pan
Pour very little soy sauce n dash of Worcestershire sauce over top of raw bacon slices and all-after sitting in baking dish or pan (Fat side up
Drape slices of bacon over top of prime rib

Place meat thermometer in thickness part of meat side ways..let cook till medium rare watch it goes fast to medium
cover with foil -no water-juices will come

at end of baking add au jus paste 2 tablespoons to natural juices.

Can make with rock salt formed around prime rib sitting inside ANOTHER pan-rock salt with water steams meat but this can't touch meat is why a pan with in a pan...work but delicious and still fixed as above....Just the rock salt steaming..

Season prime with salt after baking only if NOT using rock salt method.

Of course, serve with horseradish, sour cream -n seasonings...

Always my Christmas dinner with Jumbo Shrimp n my special cocktail sauce.

Au jus sauce is served on the side with horseradish dip made of mayo -little sour cream -horseradish to UR taste-dash of lemon juice.

NOte~ Can cover at first so it doesn't brown to quickly n uncover towards the end..

some season with all sorts of herbs n I personally think it takes away from the taste of Prime -but to each their own.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation

Return to “Request a Recipe”