WHAT DO YOU USE TO MARINATE A WHOLE PIG

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

weightset
Pilgrim

WHAT DO YOU USE TO MARINATE A WHOLE PIG

Postby weightset » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:51 pm

just wondering but what do all of you guys use to marinate a whole pig that is about two hundred pounds can you hook me up with some info please and thanks
Rooster
Cowboy

Re: WHAT DO YOU USE TO MARINATE A WHOLE PIG

Postby Rooster » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:14 pm

marinate i dunno, if it were me, i would inject it
weightset
Pilgrim

Postby weightset » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 pm

yeah that would be better do you happen to have any good recipes for a good injection
harry verdurchi USER_AVATAR
Harry Verdurchi
Rustler

Postby Harry Verdurchi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:01 pm

A small piggy like that I have actually stuck an apple in it's mouth ,Scored the Heck out of it ,and Garlic Salted it ,Worchesterirshirsire sauce and Black peppered it and of course a Quart or two of Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce on it constantly basting it with the same ingredients over night till the skin pulls from the carcass .
I got First Place in Every Cook Off I ever Entered.
But the Judges most of the Time Gave the Prizes to Someone Else
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:35 am

I think marinading a whole pig isn't worth the effort. If you like, you could puncture the skin side with a paring knife and place a clove of garlic in each slit.

This 125#er had the garlic treatment:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8418" target="_blank
This 148#er did not:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11980" target="_blank

No leftovers with either one of them.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:59 am

Harry Verdurchi wrote:A small piggy like that I have actually stuck an apple in it's mouth ,Scored the Heck out of it ,and Garlic Salted it ,Worchesterirshirsire sauce and Black peppered it and of course a Quart or two of Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce on it constantly basting it with the same ingredients over night till the skin pulls from the carcass .

Just wondering, how big of a pig would be large. 200 pounds is a big pig on the pit. CF :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
harry verdurchi USER_AVATAR
Harry Verdurchi
Rustler

Postby Harry Verdurchi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 am

ChileFarmer wrote:
Harry Verdurchi wrote:A small piggy like that I have actually stuck an apple in it's mouth ,Scored the Heck out of it ,and Garlic Salted it ,Worchesterirshirsire sauce and Black peppered it and of course a Quart or two of Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce on it constantly basting it with the same ingredients over night till the skin pulls from the carcass .

Just wondering, how big of a pig would be large. 200 pounds is a big pig on the pit. CF :D

We did a Russian Boar @ 600 pounds down at the River near Milsap . To Marinate one like that you need a 12 yard Dump Truck and lots of Italian Dressing .
I got First Place in Every Cook Off I ever Entered.
But the Judges most of the Time Gave the Prizes to Someone Else
double trouble bbq
Pilgrim

Postby double trouble bbq » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am

Use a coffee grinder. Grin up cimmirion doc's rub and mix with chicken broth. Inject pig, and rub outside with oil and a little rub. Cook, Enjoy
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:02 pm

When living on the farm at hay season ... parents roaste whole pig for all the help n neighbors.. didn't need any marinade ...washed pig well let it dry on large tarp.

Dug huge hole with backhoe n place rocks coals n wood for smoking put that baby Huey in there covered with wet cheesecloth n lots of wet bananna leaves n cooked it over night Had to watch the coals

Some made a huge grate to set pit on. forgot that. n small pig has lots of meat - The juices were enough with smoked wood n bananna leaves.. Now that was many moons ago but it was delicious.. Delicious..
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
blackford USER_AVATAR
BlackFord
Rustler

Postby BlackFord » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Harry Verdurchi wrote:
ChileFarmer wrote:

We did a Russian Boar @ 600 pounds down at the River near Milsap . To Marinate one like that you need a 12 yard Dump Truck and lots of Italian Dressing .

I LoL'd. :lol:
talktexan BBQ
Wrangler

Postby talktexan BBQ » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:55 am

I did a couple of wild pigs awhile back..put them in a big cooler and soaked with a salt sugar brine rubbed down with some cajun rub put them in the smoker and put sheets of foil over the top of the pigs. They came out very moist and tender..

Return to “Request a Recipe”