OUP's Sweet Heat

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

OUP's Sweet Heat

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu May 28, 2020 9:24 am

With the "mess" things are in these days, I've been intentionally postponing canning another batch of Jalapeno Jelly (OUP's Sweet Heat) until this morning. Used a Corona Glove this time and my paws aren't burning like they did last time. Ended up with 7 half pints of canned and part of a Pint that will just go into the frig and be eaten first. I got an instant "lid click" on all 7 half pints the minute I set them on the towel to cool and seal. Think I'll make a two day project out of this next time and prep the peppers one day and can the next day so it won't be so hard on an old man's back.

Here's the Recipe if anyone would like it :dont: http://www.freshpreservinguk.co.uk/reci ... lly-recipe

P5270001.JPG

P5270002.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: OUP's Sweet Heat

Postby Rambo » Thu May 28, 2020 10:39 am

Did you use distilled water this time?
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:03 am

Bet those are good. Ever used one as a rib or pork glaze?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu May 28, 2020 11:24 am

Rambo wrote:Did you use distilled water this time?

Nope, I didn't think about it until I saw the mineral deposits on the lids after canning. :banghead:
The "only" time any water is used for this is during the Water Bath Canning Process.
I just wipe off the mineral deposits and there good as if I used Distilled H2O
:dont:

bsooner75 wrote:Bet those are good. Ever used one as a rib or pork glaze?

Not yet Sooner Sir, but I would really like to use it on some Beef Ribs one time, especially since the Wiffy doesn't like either of them. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Desserts”