Deputy

Labor Of Love - OUP's Sweet Heat

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Jalapeno Pepper Jelly :mrgreen:

As Juice Tone Wilson would have said

"Don't that Purdy" :tup:

OK so I forgot to post the pic :banghead: :whiteflag:
IMG_0022.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Labor Of Love - OUP's Sweet Heat

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Looks good Parts.

I have not tried my hand at jelly. When I was young my Meemaw made Mayhaw and Muscadine (say that 5 times fast) jelly to die for. I remember it being a labor of love for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:36 pm

:cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:18 am

thans, Gents, yesiree, Sooner, I hadn't had a jar of Mayhaw in years because they aren't local as over in deeper East Texas but my Exes and my Ranch were covered up with Muskeedines and I took full advantage when we lived there. I even made some Muskeedine Wine one time but I'm not a Wine person so I gave it away to friends that were and they told me it was good :dont: Last batch of Sweet Heat was tasty but set up pretty firm and I'm hoping for better results with this batch.

Next up is some Roasted Salsa but it very well may be late May before I Git'er Done. :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am

Here's a little brief follow up and INFO on this last batch of Jelly.
I decided that since my "previous" batch had set-up a little firmer than I preferred I would cut the boil time from 10 minutes to 9 minutes and "Fortunately" it worked perfectly. Now, that doesn't mean the next batch will be the same but it does mean that I will decrease the boil time prior to pouring and sealing :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Return to “Desserts”