Take With Food

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Take With Food

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:07 pm

My cholesterol and blood pressure meds state firmly that they should be taken with Food. So, since I had made a pan of Turtle Brownies, I decided to top a chunk with some of HEB's Dulce de Leche Ice Cream and do what the prescription said to do. :dont:

IMG_0043.JPG

I can't wait until it's time for my Morning Meds. :chef: :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Take With Food

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:07 pm

That definitely qualifies as food. Maybe you should have seconds just to be sure you’re covered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:10 pm

My wife last week bought some ice cream, when we got home she gave me a wee spoonful. Flavour was cinnamon donut, and dang me that's exactly what it tasted like. Doesn't seem right to me. I've love to try your one. Your brownie looks Devine as well.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Pardnah, actually I am lactose intolerant and regular ice cream bothers me big time, HOWEVER, I have found that this Dulce de Leche from HEB doesn't bother me at all - - - dulce de leche means: (made by boiling down milk and sugar) caramel spread and I eat a little bit before bedtime EVERY SINGLE NIGHT but NOT with a loaded Brownie :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 pm

I laughed, thanks. :cheers:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:37 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Pardnah, actually I am lactose intolerant and regular ice cream bothers me big time, HOWEVER, I have found that this Dulce de Leche from HEB doesn't bother me at all - - - dulce de leche means: (made by boiling down milk and sugar) caramel spread and I eat a little bit before bedtime EVERY SINGLE NIGHT but NOT with a loaded Brownie :laughing7: :D :lol:

Lol, I'm only once a week , IF I'm lucky,lol.im old fashioned I just like plain Ol vanilla. With a bit of raspberry Coulis.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Desserts”