Cake Mix Cookies

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Cake Mix Cookies

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:55 am

I saw this posted on another forum the other day. I tried it tonight with the Chocolate Devils Food that the recipe calls for and they where pretty good. Wife hates chocolate so I made some with Strawberry cake mix for her and she said that they were good as well. I even put a thin coating of icing on them and it was good that way too, although it was rich.

Pour one box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Devils Food cake mix. into a bowl.

Add one egg, one stick of softened butter and 2 tablespoons of water.

Mix until moist throughout.

Drop little balls of goo, on a cookie sheet.

Bake for about 12 minutes at 350.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Re: Cake Mix Cookies

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:13 am

Looks pretty good, Chuck! I've heard of makin' cookies with cake mixes before, but never really heard from someone who'd actually done it. Thanks.

nascarchuck wrote:Wife hates chocolate ...

:big: You mean there are women out there who don't like chocolate? I have an aunt who's allergic and still sneaks some, and my wife, MIL, SILs, etc. all will fight for it. Heck, both my daughters learned to say "chocolate" before "Dada".
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:34 am

TX Sandman wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:Wife hates chocolate ...

:big: You mean there are women out there who don't like chocolate? I have an aunt who's allergic and still sneaks some, and my wife, MIL, SILs, etc. all will fight for it. Heck, both my daughters learned to say "chocolate" before "Dada".

Yeah, I hate going to the inlaws for birthdays because its always some gross white cake.Image And there are 15 (I think) birthdays in the family. I don't even get chocolate on my birthday over there!

Give the cake mix cookie a try. I'm not saying that it's the best thing that I have ever eaten, but it aint bad!
Chuck

Allie

Postby Allie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:42 pm

I've made sugar cookies from a cake mix before but haven't seen the recipe in years. This might be the same as what I did. We liked them.

I like chocolate sometimes but if I can have vanilla, I'll choose it any day.
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:04 pm

[quote="

Yeah, I hate going to the inlaws for birthdays because its always some gross white cake.Image And there are 15 (I think) birthdays in the family. I don't even get chocolate on my birthday over there!

Give the cake mix cookie a try. I'm not saying that it's the best thing that I have ever eaten, but it aint bad![/quote]

Just drive up to Indiana, Chuck. I'll make you a huge chocolate cake with white icing!! My favorite combination! 8)
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:26 pm

Aloha,

Here is a cookie recipe using cake mix. Made some a week ago and they are good for those who prefer soft cookies. Next time I will throw in some macademia nuts for a tiny bit of crunch...

Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 pkg yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines works best)
1/2 to 1 pkg chocolate chips (use as much as you want)

Instructions:
350 degree oven

Beat eggs, water, margarine, peanut butter, and half cake mix till smooth. Stir in remaining mix and chips. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 8-10 minutes.

Cool on sheet 1 minute then remove. Approx. 3 dozen cookies

Enjoy... a hui hou
honu41
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:39 pm

copkid wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:

Give the cake mix cookie a try. I'm not saying that it's the best thing that I have ever eaten, but it aint bad!

Just drive up to Indiana, Chuck. I'll make you a huge chocolate cake with white icing!! My favorite combination! 8)
Laura

Cool... Next time I fill my truck up with gas, I'll head your way... :roll:

I tell ya my favorite cake is Mom's Chocolate Sheath (?) cake. Man, give me one of those and a gallon of cooooold milk and I will have a bellyache for a week!
:shock: :lol:
Chuck

copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:44 pm

nascarchuck wrote:
copkid wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:

Laura

Cool... Next time I fill my truck up with gas, I'll head your way... :roll:

I tell ya my favorite cake is Mom's Chocolate Sheath (?) cake. Man, give me one of those and a gallon of cooooold milk and I will have a bellyache for a week!
:shock: :lol:

I think it would be a sheet cake, like a jelly roll pan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was thinking of, never mind..... :oops: :oops:
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!

Return to “Desserts”