Pineapple Upside Down Cake

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

burnt food dude USER_AVATAR
Burnt Food Dude
Bandolero

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Postby Burnt Food Dude » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:10 pm

I got this recipe from my good friend Paula Deen. Actually I got it from her TV program on the FoodNetwork. I couldn't believe the simplicty of it and how good it tastes.

Ingredients:
10 oz crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
1/2 stick butter, soft
1/2 cup brown sugar
10 pitted cherries
1 package dinner rolls (10 in a tube)

You will also need a 12 muffin pan.

Preparation:
1. Grease the inside of the muffin pan and put some water in 2 of the holes. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix the pineapple, butter and brown sugar until well blended.
3. Divide the pineapple mixture between the 10 open muffin holes.
4. Place a cherry in the middle of each pineapple mixture and push it down until it reaches the bottom.
5. Open dinner roll tube and place 1 roll in each muffin hole that has pineapple mixture. You may have to stretch the dinner rolls a little so it fits to the sides leaving a space.
6. Pour some of the reserved pineapple juice on each roll letting the juice roll off in the each hole.
7. Place muffin tin in oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and leave set a few minutes to cool.
9. Place a cookie sheet on top of muffin tin and invert the whole thing. Don't forget to remove the hot water from the unused muffin holes.

You now have 10 little pineapple unsidedown cakes.
"All who wander are not lost.

Sometimes they just can't remember where they parked their car
."

Da Dude's new blog
Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:48 pm

I like it. A lot. My only question would be... why not put the cherries in first and then pour the pineapple around it instead of pushing it down through to the bottom.

I wonder how it would work with orange or cinnamon rolls instead of regular dinner rolls.
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Kalrog wrote:I like it. A lot. My only question would be... why not put the cherries in first and then pour the pineapple around it instead of pushing it down through to the bottom.

I wonder how it would work with orange or cinnamon rolls instead of regular dinner rolls.

The orange rolls......yummmm!!!!! Maybe just squirt the orange icing over the top of them after cooling a few minutes.....Try it and let us know!!
laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:26 pm

copkid wrote:
Kalrog wrote:I like it. A lot. My only question would be... why not put the cherries in first and then pour the pineapple around it instead of pushing it down through to the bottom.

The orange rolls......yummmm!!!!! Maybe just squirt the orange icing over the top of them after cooling a few minutes.....Try it and let us know!!
laura

How the heck do you stay skinny with thought trains like that??? :?
tarde venientibus ossa....
Burnt Food Dude
Bandolero

Postby Burnt Food Dude » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:49 pm

I guess that when you mix the drained crushed pineapple, butter and brown sugar it is pretty thick. If you put the cherries in after the mixture you can make sure that it is in the center.

."

Da Dude's new blog
Kalrog
Rustler

Postby Kalrog » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 am

Papa Tom wrote:
copkid wrote:

laura

Marathons. And longer. Repeat.
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:46 am

Papa Tom wrote:
copkid wrote:

laura

Probably because I enjoy cooking better than actually eating it! :shock: :?

I adore cooking and having people enjoy my food, but by the time I get something fixed, I will turn around and have a bowl of cereal! :roll:
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
Burnt Food Dude
Bandolero

Postby Burnt Food Dude » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:09 pm

Laura, I know how you feel. After a weekend of cooking at a comp I really don't want to eat BBQ.

."

Da Dude's new blog

Return to “Desserts”