Old Fashioned Bread Pudding with Scotch Sauce

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:37 pm

This is a recipe wilded posted in another thread. It sounded real good so I copied it over to the desserts section so it wouldn't get lost.

If you need to make a dessert that will impress this is the one. It comes from my German grandmother but she put a lemon sauce on it I never did like. I always wanted the bread pudding but would scrape off the sauce to get to the bread pudding. You will not want to scrape off one drop of this sauce. It is my favorite dessert to serve with good Texas barbecue or Steaks. Enjoy, Ed

In a Large mixing bowl full of leftover breads, biscuits or rolls. Mix all of the following and pour over bread and let soak in well.
1 ½ cups sugar
4 eggs
3 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 ½ sticks of melted butter
1/ 1/2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of Allspice
Dash of Cloves
Dash of Salt
1 cup chopped pecans

When mixture is soaked in bread stir just enough to mix and spoon or pour into greased bread pans, cake pan or bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick will come out clean.

Scotch Sauce

Bring the following to a bubble reduce to low heat and simmer until thickened. Pour over bread pudding as served.
1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
1 stick of butter
¼ cup of milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup of chopped pecans
1 shot of scotch poured into sauce and stirred in just before taking off the stove
Jim

Return to “Desserts”