stay home pecan pie

The sweet ending to a perfect meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:55 am

Perfect !!!

Now I want that as well,

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
GTR
Cowboy
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby GTR » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote::tup: :salut: Gotta go get some Blue Bell Niller now :wav:

Here ya go

If I left right now I could be in Lufkin in less than 3 hours. Somehow I don’t see that pie or ice cream lasting that long!
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
User avatar
'BoutTime
Wrangler
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:54 pm
Location: Just East of Weird - Bastrop, TX
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby 'BoutTime » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Guess I'll be the odd man out of line with a different opinion. The filling is too soupy. It should be firmer. And it looks like every single pecan pie I have ever made!
I have tried a number of recipes, different ingredient measurements, different temperatures, even cooking the filling on the stovetop before baking it. But they still come out runny. Every single one of them. The only time I come close to getting the right consistency, the pecans come out black from overcooking.
Anyone know the secret?
I'm not trying to change the world. I'm trying to keep the world from changing ME!
Equipment:
Weber Kettle Grill (22")
Pit Boss PB700FB (New)
:texas:
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 16746
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:55 pm

My Mom made awesome Pecan Pie and always told us that the Flour that you put into the Filling was the Key to the Recipe.
Joke Time:
When we lived in Nix west of Lampasas, one year at the Community Center an older lady had brought a couple of her Pecan Pies. After eating a piece, I found out who she was and walked over her and introduced myself. Then I said "Mrs. Malcom, that is truly the best Pecan Pie that I have ever tasted. Would you mind giving me the recipe?" Mrs. Malcom replied "Yes" and walked away. :roll: :shock: :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
User avatar
'BoutTime
Wrangler
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:54 pm
Location: Just East of Weird - Bastrop, TX
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby 'BoutTime » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:My Mom made awesome Pecan Pie and always told us that the Flour that you put into the Filling was the Key to the Recipe.
Joke Time:
When we lived in Nix west of Lampasas, one year at the Community Center an older lady had brought a couple of her Pecan Pies. After eating a piece, I found out who she was and walked over her and introduced myself. Then I said "Mrs. Malcom, that is truly the best Pecan Pie that I have ever tasted. Would you mind giving me the recipe?" Mrs. Malcom replied "Yes" and walked away. :roll: :shock: :banghead:



That's funny! And I will keep the flour hint in mind. Thanx!
I'm not trying to change the world. I'm trying to keep the world from changing ME!
Equipment:
Weber Kettle Grill (22")
Pit Boss PB700FB (New)
:texas:
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5107
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby Rambo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:43 pm

'BoutTime wrote:Guess I'll be the odd man out of line with a different opinion. The filling is too soupy. It should be firmer. And it looks like every single pecan pie I have ever made!
I have tried a number of recipes, different ingredient measurements, different temperatures, even cooking the filling on the stovetop before baking it. But they still come out runny. Every single one of them. The only time I come close to getting the right consistency, the pecans come out black from overcooking.
Anyone know the secret?

Opinions are like a holes, everybody’s got one , some are just bigger than most :angryfire:
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:33 am

Opinions are like a holes, everybody’s got one , some are just bigger than most :angryfire:[/quote]





^^^^^^^ Lol !!!

This reminds me of a quick, but True story that I think will make some laughs and smiles so I'll share it...

Last year when my son just turned 3, I was running late for work in the morning like usual.

I ran out of the shower with a towel thru the bedroom, down the hall and into the kitchen to turn off my alarm that was going off on my ( bp/heartbeat/monitor/watch ) because it was on the kitchen island making way too much noise.
In the rush, I lost the towel and when I went to pick it up, my little guy was up as well standing there...
Out of reflex, I tried to get it as quickly as possible and this is when he made a comment that had me laughing for the rest of the day ....
He goes....Dad....., u got a hole in ur buttttttt!!!!!!

I paused, processed his innocent remark and looked at him with a grin and said....Son..., we all do !!
It's just that some are bigger than others.....lol


Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
User avatar
Williep
Outlaw
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:57 am
Location: Baytown, TX
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby Williep » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:22 am

index.png
index.png (151.55 KiB) Viewed 516 times
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5107
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby Rambo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:52 am

:D :cheers:
Androth
Pilgrim
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:43 pm
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby Androth » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 pm

I love baking pies.
User avatar
emradguy
Wrangler
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:11 pm
Location: Bellaire, Tx
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby emradguy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 pm

I gotta say...yeah, there’s some liquid in that pie pan, but I don’t care...not one bit. That pie looks deeeeelish! Especially in the later pic with the Blue Bell on it.
User avatar
Boots
Wordsmith
Posts: 4118
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA!
Contact:

Re: stay home pecan pie

Postby Boots » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:24 pm

Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote::tup: :salut: Gotta go get some Blue Bell Niller now :wav:

Here ya go



Oh yeah baby baby. Nothing in the wide wide world of sports like bourbon pecan pie!!!!!!
Attachments
C47BFD15-1988-4A0D-95E3-9C1220BDA38B.gif
C47BFD15-1988-4A0D-95E3-9C1220BDA38B.gif (920.53 KiB) Viewed 354 times
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to start a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “Desserts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests