P.J. in my PJ's

Salads, slaws, veggies, chili, soup, anything you serve with a meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

P.J. in my PJ's

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:46 am

The Wiffy comes in the Kitchen at 5:30am and ?softly? whispers :angryfire:
"I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PEPPER ODOR IN THIS KITCHEN. HOW DO YOU EVEN BREATHE? DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE IN TEXAS PUREEING PEPPERS AT 5:30AM ?"

I grabbed the remote control and pointed at her but she didn't think it was funny so I opted to be silent and go back to making my second batch of Jalapeno Pepper Jelly. Hopefully I won't end up pouring this batch out. So far everything looks great, lids popping quickly, dark green color (no food coloring added) and it seems to be gelling this time. :dont:

IMG_0048.JPG

Sure is a lot of work for 5 half pints :whiteflag:
IMG_2711.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: P.J. in my PJ's

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:46 am

LOL!!!! I thought I had the defective remote control :)

Those look good, hope you like this batch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:51 am

No Risk...No Reward is what I was always taught Emm...

And, you took a BIG RISK with that remote lol, so now sit back , pop those lids and receive your reward :):)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 am

I felt pretty safe and protected with that huge cloud of Jalapeno Fumes and Steam surrounding me :laughing7: :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: P.J. in my PJ's

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:59 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I felt pretty safe and protected with that huge cloud of Jalapeno Fumes and Steam surrounding me :laughing7: :whiteflag:
Remember this !!

A spider that lives after you ( missed hitting him ) will always come back later on when you're sleeping....

Nuff sed.....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: RE: Re: P.J. in my PJ's

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:26 am

woodenvisions wrote:A spider that lives after you ( missed hitting him ) will always come back later on when you're sleeping....Nuff sed.....

check U Pms
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:14 am

:cheers: :cheers: Woo Hoo da Jelly am GELLED - - - taste is great also - - - bout danged time :roll:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:10 pm

:wav: :wav: :wav:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Good result.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:30 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::cheers: :cheers: Woo Hoo da Jelly am GELLED - - - taste is great also - - - bout danged time :roll:

" Yeehaw" looks perfect Em
We all knew you wouldn't give up. :salut:

I got to remember the remote idea the next time my wife gets on me bout messing up her kitchen. :lol:
Yesterday she told me I needed my own kitchen. :roll: I'm taking that gives me the ok to put one in my shop :laughing7: :cheers:

Bill
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:39 pm

bondobill wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote::cheers: :cheers: Woo Hoo da Jelly am GELLED - - - taste is great also - - - bout danged time :roll:

" Yeehaw" looks perfect Em
We all knew you wouldn't give up. :salut:

I got to remember the remote idea the next time my wife gets on me bout messing up her kitchen. :lol:
Yesterday she told me I needed my own kitchen. :roll: I'm taking that gives me the ok to put one in my shop :laughing7: :cheers:

Bill

I'm a step ahead of ya bill, the kitchen at home is mine, wife says the kitchens for walking through to the lounge,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Just tell them that everything belongs to them but only if they out live you - - - :scratch: on second thought maybe silence is the better part of Survival :D
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:02 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Just tell them that everything belongs to them but only if they out live you - - - :scratch: on second thought maybe silence is the better part of Survival :D

Isn't it funny how things change, when me and my wife got together I worked 2 jobs and ran the show, paying bills and wife got an allowance for food etc and baby stuff. Now she runs everything,lol. Except the kitchen. I wouldn't know who gets paid or when. I just put a bulk some Amount of dosh into our joint account every month. As age creeps closer she might end up getting baby food for me,lmao.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:48 pm

baby food ain't bad if you can wash it down with a grown up beverage :tup:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:01 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:baby food ain't bad if you can wash it down with a grown up beverage :tup:

We had a football coach in high school that thought we should eat baby food at half time. I just made sure I sat next to our larger linemen…no issues offloading mine :)

He left after my sophomore year…first change the new coach made was scrapping the baby food. We even won without it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Sides and Such”