Corn fritters??

Salads, slaws, veggies, chili, soup, anything you serve with a meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Corn fritters??

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Y'all crack me up you guys.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
Dodis
Pilgrim

Postby Dodis » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Haven't tried the spicy/savory versions mentioned, but will soon! Mine are usually made at the deer camp; a box of Jiffy, a can of creamed corn, an egg, and a little liquid to get to pancake batter consistency (milk at home, a little beer at the camp :drunk: ). They are also great at deer camp to use as a blanket over your eggs to keep 'em warm outside in the cold! Top with some salsa... A friend's young kids kept calling them "critters" and the name has stuck with us :D .

My MIL (in Mexico) makes hers with freshly scraped white corn and some cinnamon, Gorditas de Elote. My wife modified my quick recipe to be similar by adding a bit of cinnamon and more creamed corn, the sweetness in Jiffy goes great with the cinnamon. Along with a hot cup o' joe, MMM.

And a local restaurant (gone now) used to make similar too, but added chopped onions and kinda stirred it around on the flattop before letting it setup to a thick pancake.

Mike "Dodis"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:42 pm

I may have to boycott Allegro Hot and Spicy because the last bottle I bought didn't have the crushed peppercorns swimmin around in it as before - - - - they keep this up and I may have to buy some ???????? :whiteflag: Naaaaawww :D :lol: don't think so, I'll just find another brown sprinkly sauce besides W and A1 - - - gotta be one out there . :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Dodis wrote:Haven't tried the spicy/savory versions mentioned, but will soon! Mine are usually made at the deer camp; a box of Jiffy, a can of creamed corn, an egg, and a little liquid to get to pancake batter consistency (milk at home, a little beer at the camp :drunk: ). They are also great at deer camp to use as a blanket over your eggs to keep 'em warm outside in the cold! Top with some salsa... A friend's young kids kept calling them "critters" and the name has stuck with us :D .

My MIL (in Mexico) makes hers with freshly scraped white corn and some cinnamon, Gorditas de Elote. My wife modified my quick recipe to be similar by adding a bit of cinnamon and more creamed corn, the sweetness in Jiffy goes great with the cinnamon. Along with a hot cup o' joe, MMM.

And a local restaurant (gone now) used to make similar too, but added chopped onions and kinda stirred it around on the flattop before letting it setup to a thick pancake.

Mike "Dodis"

Sounds like my way, onions , I also add bacon.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Made these last night, having with my sammich later, and of course served with Worcester sauce,oups fave,lol.

image.jpg

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Be my guest, Pardnah :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Sides and Such”