Texas Caviar but Dulce

Salads, slaws, veggies, chili, soup, anything you serve with a meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Texas Caviar but Dulce

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Sunday is my DIL's Birthday and my son is having the Families over for some Dawgs and Burgers so I told him I'd bring something but I didn't know what just yet. After thinking I decided to fix some Cole Slaw, Stuffed Jalapeno Boats and Texas Caviar but I am doing the TC sweet this time. Went online and found a decent recipe and tweeked it a little. Also decided to use dried black beans and dried blackeyed peas instead of the canned variety. Mainly because the canned product is a little mushy to suit me. Fixed the dried beans and put in separate bowls to be refrigerated over night. Sauteed the red pepper, anaheim, sweet onion and minced garlic in some olive oil so they would be more tummy friendly for us calendar challenged. Put the sauteed veggies and dressing in with the whole kernel corn and mixed well.

Tomorrow I will mixed the beans, blackeyes and corn mix together making sure that there are approximately equal amounts of each so that the blackeyes or black beans don't over power the dish. So this is part one and I'll put part two pic up tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - - - stay cool Y"all,
OUP

I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Texas Caviar but Dulce

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:12 pm

You could serve that cold or hot depending on the recipe.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life

Return to “Sides and Such”