Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib

Salads, slaws, veggies, chili, soup, anything you serve with a meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib

Postby Hj » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Anyone having Primb Rib I made last week end for 10 and it was so good
None was left and made of course horseradish sauce and au jus

Anyone with different horseradish dressing Here is a couple I make depending on what I have on hand.
Sorry I don't measure this I just go by taste n texture

I make mine a couple different ways - depending what I have on hand

Most of the time it is Sour cream to as much horseradish as U like ñ the heat of Salt-dash of worcestershire sauce ñ always fresh lemon juice ( not very much (sometimes snipped fresh chives from my fresh herbs
or
Make it with whipping cream –mayo- lemon ñ horseradish ñ salt ñ pepper with dash of garlic granular
Or sour cream –mayo- horseradish- lemon juice ñ chives freshly snipped

Any way it is made let it covered ñ chilled so flavors blend.

Standing Prime Rib was
slits of garlic n bacon pieces deep with the fat with couple dashes of worcestershire sauce n a dash reduced soy sauce n bacon drapped over the top.
Than in the pan I added 1 heaping T. Better than Beef Base n uncovered seared at 425 F. 15 minutes n turned heat down to 350F till 120F. to 125 F. let it rest 30 minutes tented on cutting board.

Took most all the fat out of pan it was cooked in left the juice in the pan with any juice from the resting Prime on the cutting board.
Added Gallo Merlot wine about 1/2 or so n brought to boil for about 5 minutes with adding a little water.
It was so tender- and delicious this past week.

I no longer use any salt as not to draw out the juice from the meat

I also for salmon make a Wasbasi horseradish dressing.
But if anyone has a horseradish dressing they would like to share I would love it.

I make the horseradish n add in a small dish more prepared horseradish for those who like it really hot because some do not it really hot n flavorable. Thxs inadvance
A mistake is sometimes a great creation

Return to “Sides and Such”