Spicy Nuts

Salads, slaws, veggies, chili, soup, anything you serve with a meal.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

mrjorge13 USER_AVATAR
Mrjorge13
Pilgrim

Spicy Nuts

Postby Mrjorge13 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:57 pm

I smoked Pecans and Almonds with a spicy coating. I'm not a fan of nuts but everyone I have given them to loves them. My neighbor dropped off 6lbs of almond pecan mix after she tried the first batch I made, on my front porch asking if I could smoke them so I did. I found the recipe on the weber site here it is I added some Habanero Hot sauce to add a little more heat.

Jalapeno Smoked Almonds

Give this recipe a try, even if you're not fond of spicy foods--they're delicious and not really that hot. Great as a party snack along with your guests' favorite libations! From the Almond Board of California.

Ingredients List
2 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP + 2 tsp Tabasco green
pepper sauce
1-1/2 tsp Tabasco red pepper
sauce
1-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 cups whole natural almonds

Fire-up the Weber Bullet to 325°F. Put the water pan in place to protect the nuts from the direct fire, but leave the pan empty. Select two large chunks of a mild smoke wood--I used apple.

In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter and all the seasonings, stirring until well mixed. Add almonds and stir thoroughly to coat.

Pour the nuts onto a disposable 12" round foil pizza pan, spreading into a single layer. Place the pan on the top grate of the WSM and immediately add the smoke wood to the coals.

Bake at 300-325°F for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the almonds are light golden brown. Be careful to not overcook. Remove from the cooker and allow the nuts to cool. Store in an airtight container.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: Spicy Nuts

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Looks great to me. I had some Wasabi Smoked Almonds at Thanksgiving, couldn't stop nibbling on them. Smoke and nuts and heat, well some things are just made to be. :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Sides and Such”