Hj's Shellfish or Poultry Appitzers or Main

Fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, scallops, and any other type of seafood.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:37 am

1/2 c. x virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves medium* Yes that many 
½ to1 tsp. red pepper flakes UR heat level*
1½ lbs. shrimp - shelled deveined -  tails on
2 tsps. sweet paprika
1/3 c. dry sherry or cognac
1 tsp. lemon zest finely grated 
1 T. lemon juice fresh or to taste
salt ñ freshly ground black pepper
1/3 c. cilantro leaves chop or parsley leaves minced fresh

Large heavy skillet set over moderately high heat - heat olive oil til it is hot - NOT smoking. Add garlic ñ saute - stirring - till a pale golden color. Add red pepper flakes  saute 30 seconds so flavor brusts open with the garlic - stir in shrimp - cook – stir 2 to 3  minutes or till shrimp just starting to turn color. Sprinkle with paprika ñ cook mixture - stir about 30 seconds. Add Sherry or cognac - cook stir mixture 30 seconds - add lemon zest - lemon juice - salt ñ pepper to taste ñ stir in large skillet again or til shrimp are pink ñ just firm to the touch. Add cilantro or parsley quickly to blend ñ remove to a warm serving platter.

Can use as a quick main course or appetizers.

* Red chile flakes ..all guests or family might not like shellfish so spicy ñ hot. Suggestion is add just a tad when cooking ñ add red pepper flakes to the table when serving.
* Garlic ~use fresh minced NOT in a jar or can slice it extremely thin.

Can use these basic ingredients to any shellfish or poultry. Can grill or smoke by marinating the shrimp or poultry in a large bowl or bag with all the ingredients ..prior  to grilling or smoking them. ONLY ADD the lemon zest to the marinade ñ add the juice of the lemon to the marinade container about  15 minutes prior to grilling - "cause as U know" - citrus starts to cook the shrimp. PREFER using large shrimp.  Cooking or grilling time depends on how large the shrimp are.  Mince up "fresh garlic" ñ use only the leaves of "fresh cilantro or parsley". 
Sometimes I add to the table "fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano" or to the cooking at the very last.
YES - the difference in grated cheese makes the difference in any dish!  As does good olive oil.

Love these as appetizers with cold beer or wine. GREAT along side a great cooked prime rib during the holidays. A nice salad  compliments these with hot grilled garlic butter toasted Italian bread ñ grated cheese on top!  Can Sprinkle "fresh" basil - chives or parsley on top. CAN make loli pop chicken or wings like this as appetizers.

Cooking in a large cast iron skillet works excellent. Holds the heat ñ cooks more evenly. NEW Ninja skillets work also - as does or Emeril Lagasse  Foreverpans (Same as Ninja cookware) Amazon sells the Ninja skillets if interested. NOT promoting just saying ...love the even heat - lightness of the cookware ñ clean up at my PREMATURING age these days. DARN I'M over ¾ of a century ñ climbing...LOL ...Life is great except for the 16 screws ñ hardware in my back ñ hips. Oh well ..no sense in complaining. My motto along time ago ñ still is  ~ "I cried cause I had no shoes... UNTIL I saw a man with no feet"!

If I get to chatty ..please just private message me ñ tell me. I won't  be offended .. Sure will be good corrective criticism for me.  In turn makes better for U all. HAVE  great holidays with friends ñ family.  Life is too short these days. One never knows what tomorrow brings! 
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Hj's Shellfish or Poultry Appitzers or Main

Postby Rambo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:18 pm

:chef:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:35 pm

:wav: Always nice to see a new twist for Shrimp around this Household.

"Keep'em Coming" :tup: :chef: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:04 pm

Thanks Hj always pleased to see your recipes...
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Fish and Seafood”