The Warden's Grand Prize Winning Salmon Patties

Fish, shrimp, lobster, crabs, scallops, and any other type of seafood.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:56 pm

BTW brined and smoked carp is good too.....
tarde venientibus ossa....
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:16 pm

Back in day, back in the old country... .

If you catch a carp in Minnesota it is illegal to put it back in the water. Leave on the shore, take it with you, what ever. The wildlife NAZIs (gestapo like powers, no need for a search warrant etc), called the DNR put carp traps on all of the lakes.

Carp Ole hit it big. The DNR paid him money to empty the traps. He then took the verboten creatures to Garfield MN when he paid seasoned citizens a dime a carp to clean em. Then he canned 'em. Sold 'em all across the south.

We laughed at him, he laughed all the way to the bank. :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:28 pm

When I was a boy my folks caned everything including fish Carp being one of them. Growing up Catholic we ate a lot of canned fish. Fresh too. And i still love fish. You can bet I will be using BW's salmon patty fixings. Cf :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:30 pm

Well hope you enjoy em. Will say yall finally convinced me of the virtues of peanut oil for frying stuff. Took the warden's special healthy cooking oil away from her and replaced it with the peanut oil. Good flavor and no indigestion afterwards. Guess it might be an old folks problemo but a lot of cooking oils gives me bad indigestion. Especially canola and cottonseed oil. Now corn oil and crisco dont bother me none either. Now the way my Mama made salmon patties was..she putted the onyawns and peppas in there raw and rolled em in cornmeal before frying. Would nearly also swear I seen her throwing cornmeal in there instead of cracker crumbs. I dont think we could afford crackers back in them days:) Gives em a bit mo gritty texture I think.

bigwheel
Allie

Postby Allie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:57 pm

I've made them using a mixture of cornmeal and flour, mostly cornmeal. Most of the time I don't add onions to mine at all.

Return to “Fish and Seafood”