Lime Chili Chicken ñ Potatoes Roasted

Chicken, turkey and any other yard birds.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Lime Chili Chicken ñ Potatoes Roasted

Postby Hj » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:39 pm

2 limes juice ñ zest
2 T. olive oil
2 T. chili powder
1/2 lb. small new potatoes, cut in fourths
1 lb. chicken breast bone-in skin-on

Preheat oven 400° F.
Use large- resealable bag- combine lime juice with zest- oil ñ chili powder. Add potatoes – chicken- shake - turn bag to coat ingredients with marinade. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Lightly oil 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Pour chicken- potatoes - marinade into pan. Roast- occasionally stirring potatoes - turning chicken once or twice- 35 to 40 minutes- or until chicken registers 180° F on meat thermometer.
Servings 2
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
madmax52
Wrangler

Re: Lime Chili Chicken ñ Potatoes Roasted

Postby madmax52 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:18 pm

I made this tonight. It turned out pretty well. I didn't use any lime zest though. My lime zester got wet and wouldnt work quite right. I also used boneless breast instead of bone in. It tasted pretty good. I'd like to try it with some dark meat though, as I'm not a fan of white meat.
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:02 am

Madmax52-
by all means just as good with dark meat -bone or bone out-
Zester broke use cheese grader or just peel little strips into meat..now you can add cumin powder by very lightly sprinlking over meat.

another good one is put a little drop of Maggi into skillet with touch of tarayki sauce..with the lime...or use lemon..
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
madmax52
Wrangler

Postby madmax52 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:55 pm

It was a great recipe by all means. Though, I think that the lime zest might have really overpowered the chicken. I cut up two limes and squeezed them into the bag to marinate and mix in, I think that was just the right amount of lime. That's for my likings anyways. Thanks for the recipe. It was quite tasty.

Return to “Poultry Recipes”