jerk chicken

Chicken, turkey and any other yard birds.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

toolio
Pilgrim

jerk chicken

Postby toolio » Fri May 02, 2008 8:40 pm

My brother-in-law turned me on to Jamaica Jerk Sauce for chicken several Christmases ago. It was some really good stuff with pineapple juice and a big ritual to fix it all up.

I recently tried McCormick's Caribbean Jerk spice in a little shaker bottle with a batch of thighs and my guests all raved about it.

We sampled 4 different rubs on thighs. Another was Weber Cajun. It had a lid on the shaker like the domed lid on a black weber grill. Cute packaging but the crew here all liked the jerk spice best. We did this on a wood-burning pit with hickory and wild cherry and white oak.

The jerk spice has thyme, allspice, and turmeric and it was good with the smoke flavor. I rubbed them the night before and let them sit in the fridge all night.
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Fri May 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Thanks for the info and reviews, toolio! Where did ou find the Jamaica Jerk Sauce? Or was that a homemade brew?
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sat May 03, 2008 6:31 am

Yeah, 2nd that Toolio..where did you get the Jerk sauce?

I will have to try the McCormicks, thanks!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
toolio
Pilgrim

Postby toolio » Sat May 03, 2008 8:04 am

The sauce was a Christmas present and I assume he bought it in Colorado. It was a marinade and came in little bottles like those used for hot sauce.

Google Images shows a bunch of different types, but not the same brand I had. I would guess World Market or Trader Joes in St Louis might have some.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun May 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Well might I recommend the januine article sometime. There is a million good ho made recipes for Jerk Chicken out there on the net. Will ghaurantee it beat the pants off McCormick and Stuff that comes in a hotsauce bottle etc. Let me know if you need a recipe for the stuff. I gladly show you how to make it right:)

bigwheel

toolio wrote:The sauce was a Christmas present and I assume he bought it in Colorado. It was a marinade and came in little bottles like those used for hot sauce.

Google Images shows a bunch of different types, but not the same brand I had. I would guess World Market or Trader Joes in St Louis might have some.

Return to “Poultry Recipes”