The Best Chicken Wings!!

Chicken, turkey and any other yard birds.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

ddog27 USER_AVATAR
ddog27
Rustler

The Best Chicken Wings!!

Postby ddog27 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:52 pm

I am a huge fan of grilled chicken wings. I was cleaning out some stuff and I came across a grilled chicken wing recipe that I had written down a few years ago. So I made some up and they were incredible!!! Best wings I have had. So I am going to share the recipe with you guys.

16 chicken wings

Sauce:
1 Cup of Ketchup
¼ Cup Dijon mustard
¼ Cup hot sauce
¼ Cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon of brown sugar

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add chicken wings and let marinate overnight. Before grilling make up a fresh batch of the sauce for basting. Put wings on the grill and baste during cooking with sauce. Cook wings over medium high heat. Stop basting wings the last five minutes of cooking. Serve wings hot or at room temp. Enjoy!!
D-dog's BBQ Rubs, It's better than ketchup!

http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq
CoyoteBlues
Rustler

Postby CoyoteBlues » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:13 am

Ok...confession time :P ..I have 20 lbs of wings for the super bowl!!!

I love cookin wild game ...and it is on the menu for the superbowl...BUT!!!!!

I am a chicken wing fanatic...so I am going to try this recipie and any others you guys post up and have a wing cook off with family and friends as judges ....so bring your favorite wing ding flavorings on :P :D

Did I mention I will be cookin 20 lbs of wings???? :P :P :P :D
catfish USER_AVATAR
catfish
Pilgrim

Postby catfish » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 am

chicken wings ... no secret ... just goooooood

oil for deep frying
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup louisiana style hot sauce (i usually at least double this)
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash garlic powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 chicken wings

mix the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt ... sprinkle onto wings until they are evenly coated ... cover & put in ice box for 60 to 90 minutes ... this allows the coating to get sticky

melt the butter & mix with the hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder

fry wings in hot oil until parts of wings begin to turn brown ... put wings in a bowl & cover with hot sauce mixture
it looks more like it does now than it did a while ago
RonH
Rustler

Postby RonH » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:03 am

I'm gonna try this, gottem soaking in the sauce so how do you tell when they are done
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Re: The Best Chicken Wings!!

Postby copkid » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:20 am

ddog27 wrote:I am a huge fan of grilled chicken wings. I was cleaning out some stuff and I came across a grilled chicken wing recipe that I had written down a few years ago. So I made some up and they were incredible!!! Best wings I have had. So I am going to share the recipe with you guys.

16 chicken wings

Sauce:
1 Cup of Ketchup
¼ Cup Dijon mustard
¼ Cup hot sauce
¼ Cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon of brown sugar

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add chicken wings and let marinate overnight. Before grilling make up a fresh batch of the sauce for basting. Put wings on the grill and baste during cooking with sauce. Cook wings over medium high heat. Stop basting wings the last five minutes of cooking. Serve wings hot or at room temp. Enjoy!!

I didn't even realize it, but I made a similar marinade for some drumsticks this past Sunday. I just used a bit more soy sauce, lots more brown sugar, and Sucklebusters Texas Heat Chipotle mustard and pepper sauce for the heat, about a tblspoon.(we are weenies!) Was VERY yummy!
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:26 pm

RonH wrote:I'm gonna try this, gottem soaking in the sauce so how do you tell when they are done

Only thing I can tell you to cook 'em to about 165° internal. You can take one off and either pierce it to see if the juices are clear, or cut it open and check the meat.

I found a website that has a lot of info about chicken. For grilling, it says 8-12 minutes per side.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets/Ch ... /index.asp
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen

Return to “Poultry Recipes”