Beer marinade for brisket??

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dump-truck bbq USER_AVATAR
DUMP-TRUCK BBQ
Pilgrim

Beer marinade for brisket??

Postby DUMP-TRUCK BBQ » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Any thoughts on a beer marinade for brisket? I usually just salt/pepper rub and roll smoke, but I've heard beer enzymes help on tough cuts of meat. Thinking about a 24-hour injection 50/50 beer to beef broth ratio. Yay or nay??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willy P
:texas:
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn
Char-Griller Smokin Pro w/SFB
Char-Broil Santa Fe
Brinkmann 810 4-burner
barevalos210 USER_AVATAR
BArevalos210
Pilgrim

Re: Beer marinade for brisket??

Postby BArevalos210 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:34 pm

My grandfather did it on chicken for years as a marinade since we were children before he passed. My uncles or I have never been able to replicate it.

The funny thing is we say we are immune to the salmonella virus because all us kids would sit around the BIG yellow Tupperware bowl and sop up the remaining juice of the marinade. I can say I've eaten semi raw chicken at the deer lease and throughout life and have never been sick. :dont:

I put a half a can of Lonestar in an injection on a pork butt and you can definitely taste the beer I personally didn't like it. There was also no leftovers after the party so it must not have been that bad or we had a few too many beers to realize it.
nworley3
Pilgrim

Postby nworley3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:29 pm

i have not cooked a brisket yet. i got 1 i want to cook in a smoker i have now, i lived in texas a long time a go and would stop on roadside stands along hwy 59 had the great BBQ want to try to make something like that but need to know what to do. thanks for any advice
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:16 pm

nworley3 wrote:i have not cooked a brisket yet. i got 1 i want to cook in a smoker i have now, i lived in texas a long time a go and would stop on roadside stands along hwy 59 had the great BBQ want to try to make something like that but need to know what to do. thanks for any advice

You'll find numerous brisket posts in the forum!
(Insert witty signature here)
jasonpalderson
Pilgrim

Postby jasonpalderson » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:35 pm

I use 1 bottle of shiner bohemian black, 3/4 cup of lemon juice, Worcester, soy sauce, apple juice, and red wine vinegar along with the spices of choice in a 5 gallon bucket. Keep mixing it up and pouring it in till covered and then into the fridge for 24-48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Beef Recipes”