Kinda slow today so I......

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

papajim
Wrangler

Kinda slow today so I......

Postby papajim » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:35 pm

Well to start off, I had to get my first root canal yesterday. While brushing my teeth a crown come loose and fell into the sink.The pain from the drilling was ok, the pain was from the Dentist bill for his services. So I stayed under the radar today, no honey do's.. I had a brisket so I decided to season it and cook tomorrow. Removed maybe 4 lbs. of fat. I've heard of guys cooking the fat down, on the stove, to collect the fatty juicy for flavor. Question is, what is the best use for this juice? Sorry for so much detail, I said it was a slow day.

papajim
I'm not perfect...just like to share my $.02 on the internet
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Kinda slow today so I......

Postby Okie Sawbones » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:17 pm

You make beef love. Google it up.

Throw all the trimmings in a big pot with water and let it simmer for about 4 hours. Scoop out any solids and pour the liquid through a cheese cloth or clean T-shirt into a container. Place in the fridge overnight, and you get pure, white, rendered beef fat.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
papajim
Wrangler

Re: Kinda slow today so I......

Postby papajim » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Thanks Okie, that crossed my mind. I was thinking of injection it. Got something to do tomorrow

papajim
I'm not perfect....just like to share my $.02 on the internet

Return to “Beef Recipes”