Beef Jerky

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

ld7009 USER_AVATAR
ld7009
Pilgrim

Beef Jerky

Postby ld7009 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:41 am

does anyone have a great Jerky recipe that they would share. Thank you again
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Re: Beef Jerky

Postby tex_toby » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 am

20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
bram03 USER_AVATAR
BRam03
Pilgrim

Postby BRam03 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:38 pm

Do you want smoked jerky?
I live my life by a simple creed... Chili has no beans.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:45 am

There's lots of different kinds of jerky - - - - - chicken, beef, venison and etc - - - - as far as spicy is concerned, it really depends on the individual. Some of the best I have managed to make was from a London Broil (very little marbling) or Venison Roast (very lean also). I sliced it thin and cross grain (some like it tuffer with the grain) gave it a good dusting with salt and black pepper and smoked with Kingsford charcoal over a water pan in my ECB. Since I like a lot of pepper flavor in mine I also sprinkled on coarse ground black pepper during the smoke. You could marinate the sliced meat in something prior to smoking but I chose not to marinate and let the meat stand for itself.

Good Luck and be sure and let us know what you decide to do - - - we love cooking pics :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:09 am

I've tried all kinds of jerky recipes, but it is hard to beat Hi Mountain for taste and convenience.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:48 am

10-4, Oakie, :tup: I used that on some for my Step Grandaughter's Christmas one year. Best of all it can be acquired at Academy (the MAN'S TOY store :laughing7: )
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:18 pm

Backwoods by LEM is also good. But be warned -- the Cajun jerky is HOT.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:00 pm

I usually don't do more than will be eaten in a relatively short time so I don't need the "cure", just S&P. However, I would imagine if you did a large quantity it would be necessary. ?right Oakie?
barevalos210 USER_AVATAR
BArevalos210
Pilgrim

Postby BArevalos210 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:50 pm

If you made a bunch of jerky like I plan on this deer season could you smoke and vacuum seal it and put it in the freezer for an unlimited amount of time if you don't use curing agent? I don't see why not if you can put fresh meat up for at least a year.

Realistically it probably wouldn't last 3 months. Last 3 lb round I made into jerky last all of 2 days.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:23 pm

although I've never done it, I would think that smoked jerky that was vacuum bagged would easily last a year in the freezer :dont: BUT, AS YOU KNOW - - it may suffer from Human Consumption and not last but a short time :D :lol: :laughing7:
barevalos210 USER_AVATAR
BArevalos210
Pilgrim

Postby BArevalos210 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:59 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:although I've never done it, I would think that smoked jerky that was vacuum bagged would easily last a year in the freezer :dont: BUT, AS YOU KNOW - - it may suffer from Human Consumption and not last but a short time :D :lol: :laughing7:

I agree I brought some for the guys at work overseas and only one bag made the full journey out of three. :D :D :D

Return to “Beef Recipes”