More Beef Brisket

Brisket, steaks, roasts, ground beef or any beef recipes.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

wigelnyatt USER_AVATAR
wigelnyatt
Rustler

More Beef Brisket

Postby wigelnyatt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:30 am

This recipe is written with a charcoal grill in mind. Rub & sauce makes great flavor no matter how you end up cooking it.

3-3 1\2 lb brisket

RUB

2 1\2 tsp brown sugar

1 tsp curry powder

1\2 tsp cumin

1\4 tsp cinnamon

1\4 tsp nutmeg

1\4 tsp ground cloves

1\2 tsp chili powder

1\2 tsp salt

1\2 tsp cayenne pepper

SAUCE

1\4 cup lime juice(or juice from 1 lime)

12 oz. bottle Ginger Beer (Saranac still makes it)

3\4 cup molasses

1 cup dark rum (I like to use Bacardi Gold...makes for better drinking later)

1-2 jalapenos,sliced

3-4 cloves of garlic,chopped

2 bay leaves

* 2 tsp liquid smoke (if cooking indoors, if using a smoker you don't need it)

Kosher salt & black pepper to taste

Score brisket on both sides and set aside.

Combine ingredients for the rub. Blend well. Rub all over the brisket. Let rest for 1-2 hours or even over night. ( I do overnight)

Combine ingredients for sauce in a sauce pan & simmer until reduced to 1/2 or slightly thickened. Reserve 1/2 of the sauce for later.

Get your grill going. Arrange the coals on 1 side of the grill, leaving an area large enough for the brisket to cook indirectly with no coals directly underneath the meat.

When the grill has reached 200 to 225 degrees F, scatter the wood chips over the coals, close the grate, put the brisket on the grill and close the lid.

Maintain a 200 to 225 degree F cooking temperature inside the grill, adding coals & wood as necessary. Baste the brisket with the sauce every time you add new coals.

When the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 165 to 170 degrees remove it from the grill and double wrap in aluminum foil.( Pour some of the sauce in the foil before you wrap it.) Return the brisket to the grill. The brisket is finished cooking when it is very tender and reaches an internal temperature of 190 degrees F. Let rest for 45 minutes, then unwrap and slice. Serve with the remaining sauce on the side.

This last part...take it with a grain of salt. Cook your brisket how YOU normally would. As I said the rub & sauce make for one awesome brisket.
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Re: More Beef Brisket

Postby BluDawg » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 pm

I copied this to my cook file I'll give it a go But I never cook a Brisket under 12 lb after trimming.
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
wigelnyatt USER_AVATAR
wigelnyatt
Rustler

Postby wigelnyatt » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Well...I'm still practicing. I am not about to waste a 12 lb piece of brisket while learning. It's like riding a bike...you don't take a friend's Harley out to learn on...you take neighbor's Honda.

The foiling helped. Flavor was awesome!!! Smoked with hickory chunks. The tip was nice and tender but my edge was still a bit tough... still need practice.
b-hillʹs bbq USER_AVATAR
B-hill's BBQ
Cowboy

Postby B-hill's BBQ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:20 pm

How long did it take to run that brisket.
Brian, BMC USCG
Strive to be Saltier than a Pretzel
wigelnyatt USER_AVATAR
wigelnyatt
Rustler

Postby wigelnyatt » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:39 am

The 3 1\2 lber took about 5-6 hours. Smoked with hickory chunks on a gas grill with indirect heat at about 225-250 degrees F. Smoked until internal temp was about 150-155 degrees F then I foiled, added some of the sauce, sealed it up & cooked it maybe another hour & 1\2 to 2 hours still at 225-250 degrees, turning my foil packet every so often.
bellabrownn
Pilgrim

Postby bellabrownn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:05 am

I note down this recipes for the Beef brisket, generally I can't eat this kind of food but actually reading this recipes, some interest is rising on my mind so that I think should cook this very quickly..!

Return to “Beef Recipes”