Irving cook February 26-27

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

mb61162
Wrangler

Re: Irving cook February 26-27

Postby mb61162 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Cokeguy,

I saw on your facebook where you said you had a little problem at the cook-off. What happened if you don't mind me asking - maybe it will help some of us newbies not have the problem in the future.
cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

Postby cokeguy101 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Nothing to do with cooking...minor misunderstanding with some participants is all. At that cook it seems members get their way. Which we did somewhat figure would happent but we had hoped it would be different.
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
Lynn
Rustler

Postby Lynn » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:27 pm

send me a pm and let me know what you are talking about - I hope that you weren't pointing that at IBCA
cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

Postby cokeguy101 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 pm

WOW, no let me clarify that publicly! I was referring to Elk's lodge members. They forced us to move from our first set up location! It worked out much better for us!

The IBCA is a great organization! I appreciate everything they do, already got my check filled out to become a member, so nothing at all wrong with the IBCA. I think what ya'll do and the time you all have to commit to the organization is an amazing feat that I could never do, at least not now.

I will be coming to judge, even though I dont believe it will help me much, but I want to more to help and be involved than anything else!
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
Lynn
Rustler

Postby Lynn » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm glad that you clarified that - and you will be surprised as to what you may learn by judging or helping in the judging area.

Thanks
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:37 pm

tritonman wrote:Got our first call in our first comp.

10th place in ribs!!

Out of 73 teams, we were pretty stoked. Lynn you did an amazing job with the amount of teams there. One thing I was pretty impressed with was the timing was pretty much right on schedule, even with the influx of teams right at the very end showing up. You found plenty of judges, and kept things moving right along.

If it weren't for some idiot hollering for Milo at 5:00 in the morning, everything would have come off without a hitch.

It was so great meeting and hanging out with a bunch of great folks from this forum. I sampled some excellent BBQ from the folks in here.

Bryan... I'm sorry if I woke you. I couldnt find Milo and I was getting worried! :lol: :lol: :lol: :out:

Congrats on the call! Thats a great accomplishment on your first sanctioned cookoff!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Lynn
Rustler

Postby Lynn » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 pm

thanks but it was actually Laura in charge - we didn't get there until the beans were turned in

When you have good help, which we did, it sure makes the judging area run smoothly.

Thanks again - glad everyone had a good time.

See you somewhere down the road. Our next stop will be Kaufman.

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”