Crime Stoppers BBQ Cook Off & Car Show Fundraiser

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jclopp USER_AVATAR
JClopp
Pilgrim

Crime Stoppers BBQ Cook Off & Car Show Fundraiser

Postby JClopp » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 pm

We are having our first annual BBQ Cook Off and Car Show to benifit EasTex Crime Stoppers. I am looking for any cook teams who want to enter. Details can be found at the following two links. http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.c ... lnews&om=1
Or visit the Crime Stoppers website at www.724tips.com

I am hosting the event and I can be contacted by email at jeffclopp@yahoo.com or my number is 936-212-1828. There is a copy of the flyer on the crime stoppers website www.724tips.com
If any one can help please let me know it will be a lot of fun. It was too late to get it sanctioned this year but it will be sanctioned next year for sure. We are allready making plans for next years event. Me being new to this I got a late start which is why I could not get it sanctioned this year but hey its gonna be a blast most of all the party friday night.
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Re: Crime Stoppers BBQ Cook Off & Car Show Fundraiser

Postby JamesB » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:31 pm

When you get a chance, jump on over to the Wanted Posters section and tell us a bit about yourself!

Best of luck on your fundraiser/cookoff! We did a very similar event for the Camp Craig Allen in Grapevine, Tx in September and it was a blast! (even with the rain).

I am already committed to another event that weekend, but there are a few things the flyer doesn't address.

Entry Fee
Standard Categories? (brisket, chicken, ribs)
Bean Entry Fee?
Pay outs or Trophies
Are all teams required to participate in feeding the public during the "All you can eat"?

The Flyer also mentioned 100 teams. How many have signed up or committed thus far?
jclopp USER_AVATAR
JClopp
Pilgrim

Postby JClopp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:32 am

Yes I was at the Craig Allen cook off in grapevine also. It took me nearly 2 days to get my self dried out and all my stuff. I did however have a blast. As for the entry fee it is 100 for one or all categories of Brisket, ribs, chicken and open pork. We are giving away trophies since the money will be going to help crime stoppers. and the bean entry fee is 10 and I am gonna do it just like in Grapevine and split the pot with the winner and award a trophy also. Sorry I could not fit everything onto the flyer I was out of room as it was and had to cut some things off of it.
jclopp USER_AVATAR
JClopp
Pilgrim

Postby JClopp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:35 am

Also so far it is looking like we have around 25 teams so far. I was really wanting more but did not realize that we were doing this on the same weekend as the National Championship in Meridian. I guess I will plan next year better right. I am really trying to get as many teams as possible in order to make this a success
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will help some teams that might be able to make it.

Again, Best of luck! It sounds like a great event.
jclopp USER_AVATAR
JClopp
Pilgrim

Postby JClopp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Our cookoff for Crime Stoppers has been canceled. Due to circumstances beyond our control we are having to postpone. I am thinking sometime around mid January or so what do yall think. This should also give me time to ge it sanctioned.
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:21 am

Very sorry to hear you had to cancel. Wishing you nothing but the best in rescheduling the event!

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”