Kerrville, Texas 4/10 & 4/11

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Kerrville, Texas 4/10 & 4/11

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:12 am

If your a fisherman and BBQ or CASI Chili Cook then this is one you might want to plan on making.
Easter Festival & Cook-Off held at Flat Rock Lake Park located on the banks of the Guadalupe River in Kerrville, Texas.
LSBS Sanctioned BBQ and CASI Chili
Chicken, Pork Spare Ribs, and Brisket (Entry $65.00)
CASI Chili ($20.00)
Amateur Chili ($10.00)
Jack Pot Beans ($10.00)
Salsa ($5.00)
Lots of activities for the entie family including an Easter Egg Hunt for the kidos.
www.lonestarbarbecue.com for complete details
WHO'S PLANNING ON ATTENDING?
BAR "G"
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Re: Kerrville, Texas 4/10 & 4/11

Postby 3 star redneck » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Wish we could go, but we will be in Commerce tx.....good luck Donnie.....keep me posted :wink:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:00 pm

3 star redneck wrote:Wish we could go, but we will be in Commerce tx.....good luck Donnie.....keep me posted :wink:

Good luck to you and will do although my going will be the same as last week which is I won't really know until Thursday afternoon. If I get to make it I hope the catfish are biting as good as they were year before last.
BAR "G"
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Weather forecast for threats of rain and thunder storms did little to deter 32 determined BBQ cooking teams at Kerrville this weekend. This was a really fun event at a great location with lots of activities for the entire family. All said and done when the smoke had cleared 5-C Cooking Team claimed thier second Grand Championship in as many weeks. The Campbell brothers (5-C Cooking Team) are not only great cooks, they are one of the finest group of young men you will ever have the opportunity to meet.
Congrats to all who got a call
GC: 5-C Cooking Team
RGC: Belly Up BBQ "great job Lynn"

Bar "G" had water front property

Final table chicken;this foghorn leghorn must of hung around the hen house for to long, it had a decent taste and was moist but was a little on the tough side.

Second place ribs

Sixth place brisket; this was not one of my better efforts. It was a small brisket and I ended up over cooking it.

All said and done; what better way to spend a weekend than cooking BBQ, sipping cold brew, visiting with great friends, and making new ones.
BAR "G"
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Good look'n boxes!
bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Postby bob n humble » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:16 am

Great job Bar G. All your turn ins looked like winners to me. Congrats to the GC and to all that got to walk the walk.
Bob
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:50 am

Those turn inboxes looked good to me. Nice cooksite, too! Glad the weather held out for y'all. Wish I had notice earlier that 3 star redneck was going to Commerce. I could have looked him up. Oh well, maybe in Mineola..
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:46 am

BAR "G" BBQ wrote:Weather forecast for threats of rain and thunder storms did little to deter 32 determined BBQ cooking teams at Kerrville this weekend. This was a really fun event at a great location with lots of activities for the entire family. All said and done when the smoke had cleared 5-C Cooking Team claimed thier second Grand Championship in as many weeks. The Campbell brothers (5-C Cooking Team) are not only great cooks, they are one of the finest group of young men you will ever have the opportunity to meet.
Congrats to all who got a call
GC: 5-C Cooking Team
RGC: Belly Up BBQ "great job Lynn"

Bar "G" had water front property

Final table chicken;this foghorn leghorn must of hung around the hen house for to long, it had a decent taste and was moist but was a little on the tough side.

Second place ribs

Sixth place brisket; this was not one of my better efforts. It was a small brisket and I ended up over cooking it.

All said and done; what better way to spend a weekend than cooking BBQ, sipping cold brew, visiting with great friends, and making new ones.

All that meat looks excellent Bar-G. One problem though...waterfront site and I don't see a fishin' pole anywhere! :wink:

tex 8)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
mgwerks USER_AVATAR
mgwerks
Bandolero

Postby mgwerks » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 pm

I am really bummed. I was under the weather all weekend, and I really wanted to go and visit this cook-off. After all, it's ONLY 30 minutes from home...
Visit my Cooking Blog.

The Armada:
22.5" WSM
MES 30" shorty
42"x24" & 36"x16" stick burners
1966 CharBroil charcoal grill
Weber 18 1/2" Silver
Sam's 32-inch Stainless gas grill (it was free!)
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:34 pm

mgwerks wrote:I am really bummed. I was under the weather all weekend, and I really wanted to go and visit this cook-off. After all, it's ONLY 30 minutes from home...

Your in luck; there is a cook-off in Bandera this weekend and another in Kerrville Memorial Day weekend. I am planning on making Bandera but won't really know until Thursday afternoon. If you make it out look me up and have a cold brew or 2 or 3 or ECT.
BAR "G"

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”