BBQ Cook-Off in Jamestown Colorado on July 4th 08

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

BBQ Cook-Off in Jamestown Colorado on July 4th 08

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed May 28, 2008 9:31 am

A little background before you click the link. Jamestown is a little mountain town NW of Boulder with a population of 270 inside town limits and perhaps another 300 folks within a 6 mile radius. To my knowledge, there are only 3 or 4 folks besides me that do Low&Slow as an art form.

A couple of us, along the Mrs's got the idea to do a Cook Off as part of the annual 4th Festival which includes a pan cake breakfast, the worlds goofiest parade, pie eating contest and wood splitting contest. Oh, and live music from noon to midnite by 10 different local bands.

This isn't a sanctioned contest by any organization save the newly formed Jamestown BBQ Society..(me, the other guy and the Mrs'S) so the rules are really loose this time.

Besides being a fund raiser for the Fire Dept, we hope to get enough folks hooked on real "Q" that maybe next year it will look more like a traditional contest.

OK, here is the link:
http://www.ncre.biz/JABS/jabs.html.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Wed May 28, 2008 10:13 am

That is a little beyond my normal driving distances but is does sound like a ton of fun!

Best of luck and wishes of success!

James.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed May 28, 2008 10:24 am

Hope it turns out to be a great one DATS. Think it be wise to follow the LSBS or IBCA rules even though its non sanctioned. Just gives a person a track to run on so to speak. Never know..they may swoop in and decide to sanction it one fine day. Seen that happen several times. Could be a biggy. I mean who wouldnt like to spend the hot Texas July 4th in the mountains of Colorada.

bigwheel
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Wed May 28, 2008 12:41 pm

I tried to see if our neighborhood committee would be interested in that...it was poopood. Too many young families I guess.

Sounds like fun.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed May 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Good lock on the cook-off. :tup: Sounds like it will be a fun time. :D Who knows maybe it will grow to be a big event every year. :D 8)
Jim

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”