Terrell cook-off

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Terrell cook-off

Postby JaCK2U2 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Well, I went to Terrell to help and learn - got to help a little and learned a lot. I gotta say that Lynn runs a well oiled machine. Everything went along without a hitch. A truly professional operation. I enjoyed myself and gained some knowledge along the way.
Also, out of 91 bean cooks, my wife took 2nd place. I may have to try her beans sooner or later!
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Re: Terrell cook-off

Postby bowhnter » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 pm

JaCK2U2 wrote: Also, out of 91 bean cooks, my wife took 2nd place. I may have to try her beans sooner or later!

:lol: :lol:

Congrats again to your wife, seems like she has the beans down huh.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:52 pm

JaCK2U2 wrote:Well, I went to Terrell to help and learn - got to help a little and learned a lot. I gotta say that Lynn runs a well oiled machine. Everything went along without a hitch. A truly professional operation. I enjoyed myself and gained some knowledge along the way.
Also, out of 91 bean cooks, my wife took 2nd place. I may have to try her beans sooner or later!

Way to go!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Sounds like a good time was had... Congrats to the wife! Can I try her beans too?
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:16 am

Great job on those beans. Tell her congrats. Know thats a tough crowd down there. I think a person can prob learn about as much in one year of judging as they would learn in 5 years of cooking.

bigwheel
Lynn
Rustler

Postby Lynn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am

JaCK2U2 wrote:Well, I went to Terrell to help and learn - got to help a little and learned a lot. I gotta say that Lynn runs a well oiled machine. Everything went along without a hitch. A truly professional operation. I enjoyed myself and gained some knowledge along the way.

Jack - thanks for coming out and helping in the judging area - We appreciate good help when ever we can get it and with all of the good help Saturday that was how we were able to get ready for the awards an hour early.

As I have said many times - cooks need to come in and work at least one event in the judging area - not only do they get to see what all is being turned in but also what happens to the trays once they are turned in.

We try to run the fairest judging on any given day but ususally the cream rises to the top.

Thanks again
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Congrats to your wife Jack; thats quiet a showing aganist that crowd.
BAR "G"
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Congrats to your wife, Jack! Excellent placing!

Lynn wrote:As I have said many times - cooks need to come in and work at least one event in the judging area - not only do they get to see what all is being turned in but also what happens to the trays once they are turned in.

This summer it'll be easier. Right now the weekend is for my kids. But I sure plan on checking out the other side of the table before September.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”