North Texas Fudraiser 2008

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:04 am

OSD wrote:Hey Laura, why use up all that energy? :? Just grab a chair, open a beer, call Big Wheel and tell him Chuck is boiling ribs and puttin' beans in his chilli. :shock: Then sit back and watch BW carrying his hog knife & a noose chasing Chuck. :D :lol: :lol:

:goof: :stir:
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:09 am

OSD wrote: Then sit back and watch BW carrying his hog knife & a noose chasing Chuck. :D :lol: :lol:

I'd bet BW would never chase Chucky... not his style... Now he may shoot him, but chase him? naw...

James.
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:12 am

you guys are too funny I hope you have a great time and ho ya who is taking the photos we need lots and lots of photos like the one of Laura kicking some but and I don't mean the kind you put on a grill :lol: :lol: :stir:

like the logo it is sharp :goof:
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Just talked to Dawn today...Looks like 24 or 25 teams have signed up as of today...

She gave me a little bit of info on how they were going to do the cook off this year... Looks like they are going to be selling $10 wristbands for the spectators to taste test the teams cooking... So Team Midnight Blue if you want to cook some extra meats bring a extra grill...They should be supplying some for those that want to cook it..

So if you get any beggars that don't have a wristband..don't give the pets any food.. :to: This is a fundraiser...

Also I have been bugging her for where I placed last year... She was very kind to get my results...

Brisket 7th place

Jack Pot Beans 9th place

Chicken 4th place

Ribs 8th place

Wild Game 5th place

So for you guys that may be sitting on the fence ....... JaCK2U2 or Rich777 Come on in the smoke is fine...This is cook off for amateurs...back yard cooks....
Ken
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:51 pm

Smoked wrote:
She gave me a little bit of info on how they were going to do the cook off this year... Looks like they are going to be selling $10 wristbands for the spectators to taste test the teams cooking... So [b]Team Midnight Blue if you want to cook some extra meats bring a extra grill...They should be supplying some for those that want to cook it..[/b]

Let me see if I have this right...

They will supply meat for us to cook and they come pick it up and take to the concessions, right?

Also, did she say the wrist bands were $10? I thought they were supossed to be $7. Thats what I have been telling everyone... :oops:

You placed well!!! :goof: Not if only Midnight Blue Smoke can do the same!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:08 pm

That's what she said..10 bucks... I'm sure its not set in stone..Still a few months away.

What she was telling me was that they are trying to work out a deal with Albertsons on acquiring meats..Don't know what type or how much.. What they are wanting to do is give some of the meat to the teams to cook...that will be for the people that purchase the wristband..We would give samples out.. Entry is free to anyone... But if they want something to eat they will need to purchase it from the concession stand..
Ken
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Did I read that you can not bring your own beer??? :shock:

I don't know if I can cook without beer...

James.
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Friday night there will be a VIP party for all the teams..Open bar on beer till midnight. They asked that we not bring beer and purchase it from the concession stand for a discounted rate.. I don't remember what the cost was.. $1 or $2 bucks a can... :dont:
Ken
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Hey, Ken! While we're on the subject, I got a question for ya. With the chicken entry, the rules I have say "whole bird". Did that mean "cook and turn in the whole bird" or "bring 4 birds if you turn in 8 thighs"? I emailed Dawn, but haven't heard back, yet.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Rob..Last year we were required to turn in one whole 1/2 a bird.. Breast, Leg Quarter & Wing...

I'm not sure how they want it this year...
Ken
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:40 pm

Yeah, I kinda figured we're still way too early for most of the questions I had. I'll have to keep a list and ask again later.

BTW, great showing on the categories! Top 10 all the way!
Rob - TX Sandman

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."

Steven Raichlen
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Well the site plan is out.. This year is going to be fun...

Site Plan

You guys been test driving that UDS yet??
Ken
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Smoked wrote:Well the site plan is out.. This year is going to be fun...

Site Plan

You guys been test driving that UDS yet??

Looks like a good site plan. Wonder who's getting where.

:oops: As for a UDS, mine is still in pieces. Every time I think I'll be able to work on it, something else keeps coming up.

Heck, I need more than 1, so maybe I'll buy another couple drums and work on 3 at once. Can't be much worse than 1 at a time.
Rob - TX Sandman

Steven Raichlen
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:27 am

I believe the teams that are returning from last year have first choice on picking there spots... All I was asked was pick 3 spots and they will see if no one else wants them.

Hope you get some time soon to finish the build on the UDS.. I know its insane how life gets in the way sometimes..
Ken
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:41 am

Smoked wrote:I believe the teams that are returning from last year have first choice on picking there spots... All I was asked was pick 3 spots and they will see if no one else wants them.

Hope you get some time soon to finish the build on the UDS.. I know its insane how life gets in the way sometimes..

IIRC, returning teams get first pick. Don't know if we get assigned leftovers or we can pick based on what's left.

I'm ready for a little time. Between the weather and work, it feels like I've dealt with storms all dang month.
Rob - TX Sandman

Steven Raichlen

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”