North Texas Fudraiser 2008

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bigdaddy
Pilgrim

Bass Pro Cookoff

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey Ken , it's Darrell -Dawns husband , looking forward to seeing you there , we are gonna do the 40 teams , I am changing my smoker a bit , so I can try beans this year. Looking forward to seeing ya'll

Darrell
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Re: Bass Pro Cookoff

Postby Smoked » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:26 pm

bigdaddy wrote:Hey Ken , it's Darrell -Dawns husband , looking forward to seeing you there , we are gonna do the 40 teams , I am changing my smoker a bit , so I can try beans this year. Looking forward to seeing ya'll

Darrell

Hey Darrell

Glad you joined.. Some right great folks here for sure.. Going for the beans this year Eh?

Since the 40 teams is the goal, does that mean the ultimate smoker is not??
Ken
bigdaddy
Pilgrim

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:14 am

He is scheduled to be there , we are moving to a bigger part of the parking lot and Dawn has a place for Trace planned to be seperate , she will have a site plan pretty soon, I did some beans this winter that were not too bad , so I am adding a burner to my rig , so I'll give it a shot.

Darrell
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:03 pm

Gator wrote:What do you folks call yourself?

nascarchuck wrote:We actually have something that I think we decided on, but I will let Rob make the announcement when he has made the decision in concrete seeing hows he is the head cook here!

Head Cook, unfortunately, means they goof off, but I get to visit the principal. :wink:

We're going in as Midnight Blue Smokers. Midnight, cause Chuck and I work nights, Blue for the sweet blue smoke, and Smokers to round it all out. Since we're still over 5 months out, I figured we could mull the name over a while and make sure it worked.

I'm really looking forward to this comp. It's sounding more and more like a fun time. I *almost* can't wait. (But I really need to. Still too much to get done.)

Ken, Darrell, I'll plan on seeing y'all there.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:44 pm

TX Sandman wrote:
Head Cook, unfortunately, means they goof off, but I get to visit the principal. :wink:

Oh... you will have to keep an eye on Laura! She is the goof off! With me, it's all serious business! :out:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:44 pm

I hope they have ParaMedics and Fire Dept on call there. :shock: I just know there will be alcohol involved and we're gonna' here.................................

Hold my beer and watch this.!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:47 pm

TX Sandman wrote:
Gator wrote:What do you folks call yourself?

nascarchuck wrote:We actually have something that I think we decided on, but I will let Rob make the announcement when he has made the decision in concrete seeing hows he is the head cook here!

We're going in as Midnight Blue Smokers. Midnight, cause Chuck and I work nights, Blue for the sweet blue smoke, and Smokers to round it all out. Since we're still over 5 months out, I figured we could mull the name over a while and make sure it worked.

I'm really looking forward to this comp. It's sounding more and more like a fun time. I *almost* can't wait. (But I really need to. Still too much to get done.)

Ken, Darrell, I'll plan on seeing y'all there.

This calls for a team logo? 8)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:17 pm

nascarchuck wrote:
TX Sandman wrote:

Oh... you will have to keep an eye on Laura! She is the goof off! With me, it's all serious business! :out:

Hey Jim! Hold my beer while I chase Chuck and he runs away fast just like a girl! :twisted:
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:12 am

copkid wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:
TX Sandman wrote:

Hey Jim! Hold my beer while I chase Chuck and he runs away fast just like a girl! :twisted:

:roll: See what I get to put up with?!?
Rob - TX Sandman

Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."

Steven Raichlen
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 am

Hey Laura, why use up all that energy? :? Just grab a chair, open a beer, call Big Wheel and tell him Chuck is boiling ribs and puttin' beans in his chilli. :shock: Then sit back and watch BW carrying his hog knife & a noose chasing Chuck. :D :lol: :lol:
Jim
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 am

Midnight Blue Smokers

I like it... Like Gator said Team Logo Time.. cool
Ken
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 am

OSD wrote:Hey Laura, why use up all that energy? :? Just grab a chair, open a beer, call Big Wheel and tell him Chuck is boiling ribs and puttin' beans in his chilli. :shock: Then sit back and watch BW carrying his hog knife & a noose chasing Chuck. :D :lol: :lol:

Now that would be a sight...Run Chuck Run.... :shock: :lol:
Ken
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:01 am

TX Sandman wrote:
copkid wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:
TX Sandman wrote:

:roll: See what I get to put up with?!?

Yeah... I dont know that we need Laura. She will be too busy playin and goofin off while we are busy workin! Image
Chuck

nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:02 am

OSD wrote:Hey Laura, why use up all that energy? :? Just grab a chair, open a beer, call Big Wheel and tell him Chuck is boiling ribs and puttin' beans in his chilli. :shock: Then sit back and watch BW carrying his hog knife & a noose chasing Chuck. :D :lol: :lol:

Speakin of ol BW, I do expect him to show up and pay us a visit!

Too bad you are so far away!
Chuck

nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:03 am

Smoked wrote:

Now that would be a sight...Run Chuck Run.... :shock: :lol:

This ol fat guy can run when he needs to! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”