Meridian 2014

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jtilk
Outlaw
Posts: 2074
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby jtilk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm

TexasPyro wrote:Jpennies, this is the same back handed bs you talked last year when this exact subject was talked about. Again, like i said last year, I'm not cooking in any cookoff that pays back just over 60%, to me a "National Championship" should be all about the cooks, not charity. I cook enough charity events throughout the year, not going to cook in a diluted cookoff with weak payouts. I'm so sick of your god complex when it comes to bbq, how about this, ask your wife if you can borrow $1,000 and bring it to Meridian, I bring my own grand and well go heads up, that's right, Ill cook it just to call you out. Whoever scores highest takes the cash.


..........Weeeeeelllll..... there's a decent payout... double or nothing for someone. What does second place payout here?? :laughing7:
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
TexasPyro
Rustler
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Limey, I'm in, I was just about to suggest finding someone to hold it in escrow.
jtilk
Outlaw
Posts: 2074
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby jtilk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:44 pm

limey wrote:Hey guys, I'll hold the money. Problem solved. No contracts, no lawyers. Cooker VS Cooker.


Touche' Limey...
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
JMoney7269
Bandolero
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 am
Location: Brenham, Texas
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Such animosity towards my wife and you know nothing about her. You must be getting your snobbery all mixed up here BBQ brother. My self-regard towards our accomplishments due to hard work and practice gives me great gratification and fulfillment towards my hobby which is competition BBQ. Your narcissistic remarks toward my wife are showing your back side. But I will indulge in your hubris game. Where does it say anywhere that a man must make more income than his wife? We live in different times brotha, anyone with common sense knows anyone can be a bread winner.
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
JMoney7269
Bandolero
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 am
Location: Brenham, Texas
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Sorry, nothing against you Limey, but contracts guarantee performance and I'm fine with that. The whole " I'll hold the money" thing just never sat well with me . Been burned a few times in street racing back in my younger days. If I'm willing to wager my hard earned cash , it's gonna be on my terms.
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
User avatar
NPayne1
Rustler
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:56 pm
Location: San Antonio
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby NPayne1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Can't we all just get along? No need to fill this post with comments on "how big your stick is". There are good cookoffs and bad cookoffs, and everyone is going to have their own opinion on what makes them good/bad.
User avatar
Big Ed
Outlaw
Posts: 2380
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:35 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby Big Ed » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Just like I said last year, All Talk!!
Can't Beat A Drum!!!

Big Ed BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/BigEdBbq
Custom elf Pit (UDS on Steriods)
Water Tower pit
PK Grill
22'' weber kettle
User avatar
TexasPyro
Rustler
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:00 pm

JMoney7269 wrote:Such animosity towards my wife and you know nothing about her. You must be getting your snobbery all mixed up here BBQ brother. My self-regard towards our accomplishments due to hard work and practice gives me great gratification and fulfillment towards my hobby which is competition BBQ. Your narcissistic remarks toward my wife are showing your back side. But I will indulge in your hubris game. Where does it say anywhere that a man must make more income than his wife? We live in different times brotha, anyone with common sense knows anyone can be a bread winner.


Coming from a guy who calls HIMself "Jmoney".

I never said a single negative thing about your wife, I'm fairly certain shes great, and probably a great Doctor.

You have no idea what my situation is or how much my significant other makes, I know this because I choose not to tell the world on a public forum. I can tell you one thing, I will NEVER ride the coat tails of another human being, man, woman, child, or any combination.

So are you in or not? He who has the most points wins all of the cash, simple as that. Chuck will hold the cash.
User avatar
TexasPyro
Rustler
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:05 pm

JMoney7269 wrote:Sorry, nothing against you Limey, but contracts guarantee performance and I'm fine with that. The whole " I'll hold the money" thing just never sat well with me . Been burned a few times in street racing back in my younger days. If I'm willing to wager my hard earned cash , it's gonna be on my terms.


Now we're insulting Limey??? Is the public shaming that would take place on a public forum if one of us botched the bet not good enough for you? It sure as heck is for me.
Again, you have nothing to lose, you're going to be there anyway, I'm the one taking all of the risk. We show up, give Chuck the cash, and cook, easy as that. He and his brother are two of the best guys out there, they're not going to screw anyone. I used to street race too and have seen it all, I aint skeeerd.
JMoney7269
Bandolero
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 am
Location: Brenham, Texas
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Sorry, your terms aren't good enough for me. Getting the bet on your terms is half the battle.
Here we go again with the coat tails thing again and back handed insults. Do you ever have anything nice to say? Because I ain't skeered to post a copy of my bi weekly check stub vs yours since every comment you make is seemingly about my lack of income. I do well for myself also but my wife does way better. Like I said at any point in your hubris game your actually ready to make this iron clad, let's get it.
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
JMoney7269
Bandolero
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 am
Location: Brenham, Texas
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:11 pm

I did not involve Limey nor did I mean any offense towards him in any way. Quit putting words in people mouth. Sorry my way or the highway jack. No need for this to go any farther if your not interested in my terms.
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
User avatar
NPayne1
Rustler
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:56 pm
Location: San Antonio
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby NPayne1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Man, you 2 argue too much. I've never met a BBQ cooker who whined as much as you 2. I think y'all either need to just ignore each other forever or you should have this competition. I don't care what the terms are, just do it and quit talking about it. I don't blame JMoney for wanting a legal contract to guarantee he gets paid, but I also think if a mutually agreed on 3rd party holds the money then that works too. I just want to see y'all stop talking trash.
jtilk
Outlaw
Posts: 2074
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby jtilk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:15 pm

NPayne1 wrote:Man, you 2 argue too much. I've never met a BBQ cooker who whined as much as you 2. I think y'all either need to just ignore each other forever or you should have this competition. I don't care what the terms are, just do it and quit talking about it. I don't blame JMoney for wanting a legal contract to guarantee he gets paid, but I also think if a mutually agreed on 3rd party holds the money then that works too. I just want to see y'all stop talking trash.


We need a referee here ...
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
NPayne1
Rustler
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:56 pm
Location: San Antonio
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby NPayne1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:17 pm

What we need is Madea Here to slap some sense into these boys.
JMoney7269
Bandolero
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 am
Location: Brenham, Texas
Contact:

Re: Meridian 2014

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:17 pm

TexasPyro wrote:
JMoney7269 wrote:Sorry, nothing against you Limey, but contracts guarantee performance and I'm fine with that. The whole " I'll hold the money" thing just never sat well with me . Been burned a few times in street racing back in my younger days. If I'm willing to wager my hard earned cash , it's gonna be on my terms.


Now we're insulting Limey??? Is the public shaming that would take place on a public forum if one of us botched the bet not good enough for you? It sure as heck is for me.
Again, you have nothing to lose, you're going to be there anyway, I'm the one taking all of the risk. We show up, give Chuck the cash, and cook, easy as that. He and his brother are two of the best guys out there, they're not going to screw anyone. I used to street race too and have seen it all, I aint skeeerd.

Sorry anyone that has to degrade a man because he makes less than his wife has issues. Slander me, my wife, my cooking, my rig etc all you want. Your subterfuge tactics won't work on me. You won't get another response from me unless your answer is yes to my terms. Other than that we will write this off as stated earlier as "all talk"
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest