Gatesville Cookoff

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Re: Gatesville Cookoff

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Great job to all!!
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Woot Wooot WTG Chuck!!! Good show.....
tarde venientibus ossa....
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Thanks guys, had a great time for a good cause. Lots of fellow forumn members in attendance and receiving walks. Proud of my bro. Big Ed on his calls. Congrats on Robby Pettigrew on the GC. Had no clue who he was til Ed told me on the way home, he was one of the guys that made your pit ( R&O Smokers). Thought that was pretty cool. Big shout to Gator on his rubs and sauces and Big Dave on his rubs, both are top notch BBQ staples at my camp. :salut:
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
texaspyro USER_AVATAR
TexasPyro
Rustler

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Congrats Chuck!! You must have cooked the brisket fat cap up!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

TexasPyro wrote:Congrats Chuck!! You must have cooked the brisket fat cap up!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Thanks Blake, I actually cooked two brisket one up one down, went with it down, both good but the fat up wasn't as good. We missed you out there.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 pm

limey wrote:Thanks guys, had a great time for a good cause. Lots of fellow forumn members in attendance and receiving walks. Proud of my bro. Big Ed on his calls. Congrats on Robby Pettigrew on the GC. Had no clue who he was til Ed told me on the way home, he was one of the guys that made your pit ( R&O Smokers). Thought that was pretty cool. Big shout to Gator on his rubs and sauces and Big Dave on his rubs, both are top notch BBQ staples at my camp. :salut:

Great job Chuck, Ed and all that walked. Sounds like it was a great time. TC get that kid cooking soon he looks like a GC in the making. Question--- did anyone talk to Robbie, has he started building pits???? :dont:
big ed USER_AVATAR
Big Ed
Outlaw

Postby Big Ed » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:31 pm

buzz wrote:
limey wrote:Thanks guys, had a great time for a good cause. Lots of fellow forumn members in attendance and receiving walks. Proud of my bro. Big Ed on his calls. Congrats on Robby Pettigrew on the GC. Had no clue who he was til Ed told me on the way home, he was one of the guys that made your pit ( R&O Smokers). Thought that was pretty cool. Big shout to Gator on his rubs and sauces and Big Dave on his rubs, both are top notch BBQ staples at my camp. :salut:

Great job Chuck, Ed and all that walked. Sounds like it was a great time. TC get that kid cooking soon he looks like a GC in the making. Question--- did anyone talk to Robbie, has he started building pits???? :dont:

Yes, Robby is building pits under the name El Rey smokers.
Can't Beat A Drum!!!

Big Ed BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/BigEdBbq
Custom elf Pit (UDS on Steriods)
Water Tower pit
PK Grill
22'' weber kettle
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Thanks Ed, Hope he gets it going , will give him a call if my phone # is still good. :cheers:
woody wood USER_AVATAR
Woody Wood
Bandolero

Postby Woody Wood » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:38 am

Way to go Chuck!! Great to see ya
El Rey Smokers
Traeger
Big Green Egg
MeatChurch BBQ
Oakridge BBQ
Backwoods Spirits

3 Woody's BBQ
cannonball express USER_AVATAR
Cannonball Express
Rustler

Postby Cannonball Express » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm

buzz wrote:

I think I need to learn how to cook before I start showing little man the ropes! LOL. Not sure what happened to me last weekend... :dont: I thought I had my 3 best turn ins and only walked away with a 12th brisket. Back to the drawing board my friends!

It was good to meet you Limey and congrats again on your RGC!
Tyler "TC" Cannon
All_Grilla_No_Filla
Cowboy

Postby All_Grilla_No_Filla » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Big congrats on the calls, gents! Sounds like it was a great cook.
Ricochet
Pilgrim

Postby Ricochet » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Chuck congrats again on your RGC and my brisket was fat down also for a change. Yes Buzz I'm trying to get a few pits out the door and hopefully moving to a shop in the Mansfield area or at least closer to home soon, I still have the same number and have been meaning to give you a shout consider that your warning. LOL
BigDave
Bandolero

Postby BigDave » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Congrats again Chuck and Thanks fer them kind words on our rubs! :)
mking7
Pilgrim

Postby mking7 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:55 pm

I mostly lurk here but was there. Wish I had seen this thread before the cook. I'll try to remember next year.

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”