2nd Annual Veterans Celebration Cookoff.

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

2nd Annual Veterans Celebration Cookoff.

Postby bob n humble » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:02 am

The cookoff will be at the VFW 10352 Nov 9th-10th. Veterans Day is Sunday the 11th. Limited to the first 30 teams that sign up. It's a TGCBCA sanctioned cookoff. Entries are Chicken, Ribs, Brisket, Turkey. After all it is close to Thanksgiving. You must cook all 4 to qualify for Grand Champ. There will be a dinner again for the cooks on Friday nite. Each team get 2 free tickets all others will be $5.00. Entry fee is $125.00. I'm the Promoter, you can email or call me for more info. You can also go to www.tgcbca.org click on events scroll down to you see the cookoff, and download the info.
If you are planning to cook please fax me your entry form so can start my lsit. If you are cooking for a VFW, or an American Legion post please put the post no. on the form. The highest placing post will have the chance to hold the cookoff next yr.
Hope to see ya in Nov.
Bob Blankenship
m-713-818-0764
fax- 713-466-3338
email -hotnasbbq@aol.com
bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Postby bob n humble » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:38 pm

A little FYI. I have noticed that a few of the Kroger stores have the frozen and some fresh turkey breast on sale. Also Foodtown has the Butterball frozen 3# breast as well as the 4-5# ones.
Also the cooks dinner this time will be Gumbo. Each team entered gets 2 free dinner tickets all others will be 5$. If you haven't sent your entry in by now just fax me your entry form and pay when you show up. Please state on the form if you have a Motorhome/travel trailer and the size. Look forward to seeing some of ya next week. Also if you are cooking for a VFW/ American Legion Post the Post No. needs to be on the form also.
Bob Blankenship
fax 713-466-3338
cell 713-818-0764
bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Postby bob n humble » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Just wanted to thank all that came out and supported the Veterans this weekend. The cookoff was a not as big as hoped, but we still managed to raise a little money for the VFW Posts that came out while still having decent pay back for the cooks. The cookoff may have been small, but the quality of the cooks made for some good competition.
The Turkey category was a big hit with the Judges and most of the cooks. Hope everyone thanked a Veteran today. We hope next year it will be even better.The rest of the results wil be posted on TGCBCA web site soon.
Bob
Grand Champion -Jan Canterbury - We Be Smokin Too/VFW POST 10352
Res Champion - Jerry Pierce - Pitts & Spitts/Grills Gone Wild

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”