MVP Winning Secrets Revealed!!

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

MVP Winning Secrets Revealed!!

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:20 pm

For those of you wondering what it takes to win the TBBQF Throwdown and attain fame and fortune here is my story and I'm sticking with it too..
I had done some Q and taken pictures for the contest but didn't do anything with them until the 11th hour. At that time I submitted several which Depity Dats promptly rejected claiming he was enforcing the rules that I didn't read. I tried but sorting through all my shots there were a total of zero that complied with the rules. Frustrated I withdrew and went downstairs for lunch, got in the fridge and pulled out a pastrami I had done and sliced it for a sandwich. It occurred to me that sliced pastrami was kinda cool. It too didn't fit well into a category because it was just the remainder of a chunk of pastrami sliced up. Well I thought if I had taken a picture earlier before I ate most of it It could have fit in the big hunk of meat category. Well I just happened to have another brisket point pastrami in the freezer so I got it out and set it neatly behind the sliced stuff and watched it grow frost. Now that looks pretty good but the frost is not good photo stuff, so now I get to set and watch this thing grow frost and with camera ready I can't eat either because that's my key to immortality just setting there being pretty. So hair dryer to the rescue takes care of ol' frosty and it's photo time and the shiny melted frost wet look on that second chunk of meat even looks good in the pictures.
So there you have it the careful planning and execution necessary that goes into a winning effort. Then I ate the evidence.....
tarde venientibus ossa....
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:28 pm

good info Papa Tom. Thanks for sharing the 'inside' secrets with us :D
scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Oh I think a nice close macro shot on the cut piece would've won regardless.....That's an awesome cut of meat !
Regards,
Scotty
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Scotty Da Q wrote:Oh I think a nice close macro shot on the cut piece would've won regardless.....That's an awesome cut of meat !

Theres Scotty! How ya doin? Haven't seen you in awhile... Welcome back.

thats what I hate about the throwdowns. The choices are tooooo hard to pick just one winner!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:18 pm

nascarchuck wrote:
Scotty Da Q wrote:Oh I think a nice close macro shot on the cut piece would've won regardless.....That's an awesome cut of meat !

Theres Scotty! How ya doin? Haven't seen you in awhile... Welcome back.

thats what I hate about the throwdowns. The choices are tooooo hard to pick just one winner!

Thanks Chuck....Been busy lately. I ventured into a new past time. Voiceover work. Lot's of work.....on top of my full time job. LOL

Nice to be back.
Regards,
Scotty

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”