Throw Down Poll #1A

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Do you like the categories

Poll ended at Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Need more
2
18%
Just Right
9
82%
 
Total votes: 11
User avatar
TX Sandman
Outlaw
Posts: 1746
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: DFW, Texas
Contact:

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:27 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:Playing devils advocate here; what if the sides were cooked in the smoker (beans, taters...) Technically it's still Q :roll:


As another advocate: True, but in sanctioned contests (in general), the only things alowed in a turn-in box are meat and maybe a garnish of lettuce. Any sides, smoked or otherwise, are in a different catagory, and also the only things entered in that box.

This might be another :stir: here: What if the Q is in another item, say pulled pork eggrolls? :wink: Would those be Big Hunk o' Meat, or Anything Goes? And, could someone enter, say, brisket in BHoM and pulled pork in AG?
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
OSD
Retired Lawman
Posts: 7290
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Postby OSD » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:46 pm

An eggroll would be in AG category. The wrap would be the same as a bun. Besides an eggroll would have more than just pp in it. Sure you could enter a brisket in BoHM and PP in AG, why not? Have sliced brisket in BoHM and a PP plate with sides in AG. :D
User avatar
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:52 pm

:big: I have a headache now! :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Image
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:56 pm

nascarchuck wrote::big: I have a headache now! :lol:

Welcome to management :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
User avatar
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:58 pm

Just what are the qualifications of being in management? I don't even have a degree in management!!! :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Image
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:59 pm

OSD wrote:An eggroll would be in AG category. The wrap would be the same as a bun. Besides an eggroll would have more than just pp in it. Sure you could enter a brisket in BoHM and PP in AG, why not? Have sliced brisket in BoHM and a PP plate with sides in AG. :D


OSD is Spot on.

Note, the TBBQForum makes it own rules as the Throw Downs are only sanctioned by the TBBQForum. Hence this conversation!
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
User avatar
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:01 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:
OSD wrote:An eggroll would be in AG category. The wrap would be the same as a bun. Besides an eggroll would have more than just pp in it. Sure you could enter a brisket in BoHM and PP in AG, why not? Have sliced brisket in BoHM and a PP plate with sides in AG. :D


OSD is Spot on.

Note, the TBBQForum makes it own rules as the Throw Downs are only sanctioned by the TBBQForum. Hence this conversation!


And aching heads! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Image
User avatar
Papa Tom
Deputy
Posts: 5994
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:40 am
Location: Oak Point, TX
Contact:

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:44 pm

I'm against it too. A category for sides would be OK and I like the Anything Goes category but I believe the categories should be similar to a comp.
tarde venientibus ossa....
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Papa Tom wrote:I'm against it too. A category for sides would be OK and I like the Anything Goes category but I believe the categories should be similar to a comp.


Would a category for sides be eligible for the MVP? If a bunch of parboiled turnip greens were to win....... :wink:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
User avatar
Papa Tom
Deputy
Posts: 5994
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:40 am
Location: Oak Point, TX
Contact:

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:48 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:I'm against it too. A category for sides would be OK and I like the Anything Goes category but I believe the categories should be similar to a comp.


Would a category for sides be eligible for the MVP? If a bunch of parboiled turnip greens were to win....... :wink:


Hey whoever gets the votes wins, heck look what happened to me!
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest