Throwdown Suggestions

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
TX Sandman
Outlaw
Posts: 1746
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: DFW, Texas
Contact:

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Maybe for each entry, we should each send in a bottle of sauce or a favorite rub as an entry fee? Would ensure a good pool of prizes.

I'll go on record now as volunteering some things for next Throwdown. Don't know what, yet, but I'll think of something.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
User avatar
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 am
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Postby SteerCrazy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:32 pm

TX Sandman wrote:Maybe for each entry, we should each send in a bottle of sauce or a favorite rub as an entry fee? Would ensure a good pool of prizes.

I'll go on record now as volunteering some things for next Throwdown. Don't know what, yet, but I'll think of something.


I think we want to keep the throwdown as a free contest BUT if you have a favorite rub or sauce you want to contribute as a prize (like I did) well that's more than welcome!
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:17 pm

SteerCrazy wrote:
TX Sandman wrote:Maybe for each entry, we should each send in a bottle of sauce or a favorite rub as an entry fee? Would ensure a good pool of prizes.

I'll go on record now as volunteering some things for next Throwdown. Don't know what, yet, but I'll think of something.


I think we want to keep the throwdown as a free contest BUT if you have a favorite rub or sauce you want to contribute as a prize (like I did) well that's more than welcome!


Etched in stone :D , but as Deputy SteerCrazy said Donations are always welcome.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
User avatar
TX Sandman
Outlaw
Posts: 1746
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: DFW, Texas
Contact:

Postby TX Sandman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:44 pm

No worries. Like I said before, just a suggestion.

I will volunteer something, though. I've got a couple of ideas in mind, and think they'll go over well.
Rob - TX Sandman

Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team



"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."

Steven Raichlen
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:41 am

Expect an announcement concerning the next Throw Down soon. :D Could be your last chance for "input" before the Sheriff lays down the law :shock: :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
User avatar
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3262
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Van Alstyne, TX
Contact:

Postby bowhnter » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:08 pm

Anxiously awaiting...is it July 4th weekend or there abouts?
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Weber 18" One Touch
User avatar
mel
Bandolero
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:48 pm
Location: GOSHEN IND
Contact:

Postby mel » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:33 pm

I'm still watting for someone to collect from all 3 contest winners. :dont:
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
User avatar
Puff
Bandolero
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Warren, Mi.
Contact:

Postby Puff » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:34 pm

nascarchuck wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:I think the ways the polls work are embedded in the site software. Some IT guy would be up for days reading code....and could screw up the whole site. Think we'll have to live with that one.

While the numbers seem low, consider it was a vast improvement over the 1st thrown down. We had nearly double the amount of contestants and a 40% increase in voter turnout. :D



I'll say! We suspect that Puff was the only one to vote!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :roll: :dont:
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 pm

OK guys & gals, let's not get this thread deleted by a trigger happy Deputy :lol:

Got a few minor details to work out and the forth coming sticky will be posted.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
User avatar
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:48 am

Puff wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:I think the ways the polls work are embedded in the site software. Some IT guy would be up for days reading code....and could screw up the whole site. Think we'll have to live with that one.

While the numbers seem low, consider it was a vast improvement over the 1st thrown down. We had nearly double the amount of contestants and a 40% increase in voter turnout. :D



I'll say! We suspect that Puff was the only one to vote!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :roll: :dont:



Messin with ya buddy!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Image

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests