Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 4/20 - 4/22

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Smokin/Drinkin/Cookin This Weekend 4/20 - 4/22

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:26 am

That time of week again! Weather is getting nicer, smokers and grills should be fired up this weekend! What are you cookin this weekend?!?!
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:55 am

Taking pictures, measuring and planting a sign in the ground on a new listing. If time permits, gonna get some pork and SuckleBust some pig :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
Delaware Smoker
Bandolero

Postby Delaware Smoker » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:45 am

Having a cook out on Sun.,for my grandson who turned one yr.old on Thurs.Feeding about twenty people.The pull pork already done.Just got done taking membrane off of ribs.Will rub them down on Sat.,using the apple rub.Made the bacon,onion & butter spread for the smoke burgers.Smoking some kicked up baked beans.Son's girlfriend,fixing reast of the sides.I've not cooked for this many people before,so it should be a challenge.The food will be smoked & grilled at one house,then taken to son's house.Suppose to be in the 70's on Sun,so we'll eat outside.
Bill
scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:23 pm

I have a new pork rub to try :wink: so I'll be doing up some spares tomorrow. Might do some chixs tonight.....might grill something as well. 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards,
Scotty
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:36 pm

Delaware Smoker wrote:Having a cook out on Sun.,for my grandson who turned one yr.old on Thurs.Feeding about twenty people.The pull pork already done.Just got done taking membrane off of ribs.Will rub them down on Sat.,using the apple rub.Made the bacon,onion & butter spread for the smoke burgers.Smoking some kicked up baked beans.Son's girlfriend,fixing reast of the sides.I've not cooked for this many people before,so it should be a challenge.The food will be smoked & grilled at one house,then taken to son's house.Suppose to be in the 70's on Sun,so we'll eat outside.
Bill

Sounds great Bill! Happy 1st b-day to your grandson
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:56 pm

Ribs Sunday......a bunch :shock:
I have a new rub to try also :wink:
Weather is going to be perfect!! :D
75* & sunny :coolnana:
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:38 pm

I just picked up a NICE pork butt, 6lbs, looks great. Probly throw it on at 3am for dinner Sat Night, in time for the race. Gonna make some carolina slaw for the P.P. and some more Scotch Eggs!
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:57 pm

Nada, zip, zilch, sittin in a hotel room. :cry: :cry:
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:19 am

Well this is a long story..but last weekend I tried a Lazy Q technique with two big briskets. Guess Fred's upright was too big for the available heat source so I finally pulled em off after 12 hours in the smoke and not near done. Finished one in the oven and ate it during the week (grand prize winner to be eggxact) and froze the other which was going to intended for a family reunion down at Fort Belknap this weekend which it suddenly dawned on me they did not like me as a child so there aint no sense in going to see em again as an adult huh? But I did thaw it out afore all this dawned on me...so..think I finish it off in the oven too and we have brisket for another week. I got to get some blockage on Fred so the heat dont escape so bad into his horizontal which dont much of nothing happen in there these days. I am a confirmed upright type person nowadays. I am still drinking beer and sour mash shooters but I am now taking Milk Thistle which prevents liver damage supposedly. I am also into raw organic apple cider vinegar. That will cure whut ails ya too.

bighweel
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:15 am

bigwheel wrote:Well this is a long story..but last weekend I tried a Lazy Q technique with two big briskets. Guess Fred's upright was too big for the available heat source so I finally pulled em off after 12 hours in the smoke and not near done. Finished one in the oven and ate it during the week (grand prize winner to be eggxact) and froze the other which was going to intended for a family reunion down at Fort Belknap this weekend which it suddenly dawned on me they did not like me as a child so there aint no sense in going to see em again as an adult huh? But I did thaw it out afore all this dawned on me...so..think I finish it off in the oven too and we have brisket for another week. I got to get some blockage on Fred so the heat dont escape so bad into his horizontal which dont much of nothing happen in there these days. I am a confirmed upright type person nowadays. I am still drinking beer and sour mash shooters but I am now taking Milk Thistle which prevents liver damage supposedly. I am also into raw organic apple cider vinegar. That will cure whut ails ya too.

bighweel

actually BW, milk thistle not only can lower elevated liver enzymes but can regenerate damaged liver cells. So, drink all you want, just take your Milk Thistle. Only thing is, don't buy it at Wal-Mart or the grocery store. That stuff ain't guarnateed. Get yourself to a health food store and ask someone who knows and can get you the good stuff....
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:31 am

we have the mapel festival and earth day thing happing would really love to spened more time at the maple thing but got to make the covers at lest be here so they can make the covers. :roll:
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:53 am

Well God willing I'll be slow cooking some reebs this weekend. Just don't know what day yet. Either today or Monday(3 day weekend). Don't know much about these kinda reebs. The package says pork riblets and on the back it says swift were it usually says select or choice. I sure I hope didn't waste my money but they were only $1.37 a lb I bought 15 lbs worth. I'll be using oak and either mesquite, pecan or maybe persimmon if it's dry. We shall see.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:05 am

perryranch wrote:Well God willing I'll be slow cooking some reebs this weekend. Just don't know what day yet. Either today or Monday(3 day weekend). Don't know much about these kinda reebs. The package says pork riblets and on the back it says swift were it usually says select or choice. I sure I hope didn't waste my money but they were only $1.37 a lb I bought 15 lbs worth. I'll be using oak and either mesquite, pecan or maybe persimmon if it's dry. We shall see.

Tami,
I'm guessin the pork riblets are a smaller sized rib, maybe cut from the rib itself but from the underside so you get some meat but no a lot of bone. Probably aren't bad, just not the size you are use to. Am I in the ballpark here??
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:13 pm

Guess I should have said how big they are. One is roughly 8.5 lbs and the other is about 7.25 lb. They look a whole lot like spare ribs. I'm going to cook them like I did the spare ribs.

Really curious at what swift is. It's in a circle just like choice and select are on spare ribs and on briskets.
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:19 pm

bigwheel wrote:Well this is a long story..but last weekend I tried a Lazy Q technique with two big briskets. Guess Fred's upright was too big for the available heat source so I finally pulled em off after 12 hours in the smoke and not near done. Finished one in the oven and ate it during the week (grand prize winner to be eggxact) and froze the other which was going to intended for a family reunion down at Fort Belknap this weekend which it suddenly dawned on me they did not like me as a child so there aint no sense in going to see em again as an adult huh? But I did thaw it out afore all this dawned on me...so..think I finish it off in the oven too and we have brisket for another week. I got to get some blockage on Fred so the heat dont escape so bad into his horizontal which dont much of nothing happen in there these days. I am a confirmed upright type person nowadays. I am still drinking beer and sour mash shooters but I am now taking Milk Thistle which prevents liver damage supposedly. I am also into raw organic apple cider vinegar. That will cure whut ails ya too.

bighweel

I had the same problem a few years back.I stayed home :lol:

BW.......GOT MILK?
Is that sour mash sumpin a Yankee boy could get his hands on? I had a connection up yonder .....but it seems his evil ways was too much for the man :wink:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”