MasteringTheFlame
Pilgrim

Postby MasteringTheFlame » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:09 pm

That's definitely a great looking meal.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:45 pm

That looks great but I too have a wife that won't eat my smoked chicken "'cause it's pink". I point out to her that friend Marilyn loves it and is a food quality expert the head of quality for a ISO certified food processing facility but that doesn't seem to overcome "pink". :roll: Fortunately she will eat some breast meat after dissecting and inspecting it with her fork.
tarde venientibus ossa....
smokedjoint USER_AVATAR
smokedjoint
Pilgrim

Postby smokedjoint » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:37 pm

My mouth is watering. And I don't even like legs normally. Have you ever tried substituting garbanzo beans for the blackeye ones? I find that their buttery flavor and texture brings out the flavor of anything grilled better than other sides.
mgwerks USER_AVATAR
mgwerks
Bandolero

Postby mgwerks » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Papa Tom wrote:That looks great but I too have a wife that won't eat my smoked chicken "'cause it's pink". I point out to her that friend Marilyn loves it and is a food quality expert the head of quality for a ISO certified food processing facility but that doesn't seem to overcome "pink". :roll: Fortunately she will eat some breast meat after dissecting and inspecting it with her fork.

I think you're going to have to get her to understand the difference between undercooked pnk chicken and smoked pink chicken. There are some good sites out there dealing with this issue and explaining it to non-believers.
Visit my Cooking Blog.

The Armada:
22.5" WSM
MES 30" shorty
42"x24" & 36"x16" stick burners
1966 CharBroil charcoal grill
Weber 18 1/2" Silver
Sam's 32-inch Stainless gas grill (it was free!)

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”