Whatcha Smokin, Grillin, Cookin This Weekend 8/29 - 9/01

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Whatcha Smokin, Grillin, Cookin This Weekend 8/29 - 9/01

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:10 am

That time of week again people! Plus it's THROWDOWN WEEKEND! Whatcha cookin this weekend??? Doesn't have to be smoked or grilled. We wanna know!!
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 am

Haven't been to a Comp in 4 weeks and have 7 back to backs starting 09/12/08; so this is get back in the groove practice weekend. Two prime packer briskets 10 to 12 lbs each, 4 slabs spares, 2 chickens and numerous adult beverages. Neighbors just love the practice runs.
BAR "G"
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 am

Good Lawdy Miz Claudie..you cooking 7 weekends in a row? If so your tough..and rich:)

bigwheel
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 am

bigwheel wrote:Good Lawdy Miz Claudie..you cooking 7 weekends in a row? If so your tough..and rich:)

bigwheel

Neither; just short on brains and have an understanding wife and then again maybe she's just happy to be shed of me.
BAR "G"
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:17 am

My wife wants Ribs tomorrow, so I shall.

I have a brisket to cook sometime, and looking for a right priced butt for some leftovers.

Haven't decide on what else yet :?
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 am

BAR "G" BBQ wrote:Haven't been to a Comp in 4 weeks and have 7 back to backs starting 09/12/08; so this is get back in the groove practice weekend. Two prime packer briskets 10 to 12 lbs each, 4 slabs spares, 2 chickens and numerous adult beverages. Neighbors just love the practice runs.

sounds like a busy weekend! Post pics! :D
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Sounds like an excellent situation you got there. Mine always want to tag along to nag make sure I dont have no fun and tell me everything is either too hot or too salty. She do not realize that most times them bbq judges is old beer guzzling cigarette smokers and it not possible to get stuff too hot or salty for em. In addition to helping a person come in dead *ss last and taking away the money if a person happen to hit on a little something and on the plust side....them wifeys is good at cleaning stuff up I have noticed. Best of fortunes to ya when you get it cranked up in Sept.

bigwheel

BAR "G" BBQ wrote:
bigwheel wrote:Good Lawdy Miz Claudie..you cooking 7 weekends in a row? If so your tough..and rich:)

bigwheel

Neither; just short on brains and have an understanding wife and then again maybe she's just happy to be shed of me.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:37 pm

Well it looks like fish, shrimp, and ribeyes on the grill for us this weekend. :D
Jim
denisbaldwin USER_AVATAR
denisbaldwin
Pilgrim

Postby denisbaldwin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Tonight... smoked Lobster.

Tomorrow and Sunday.. Brisket smoking 20+ hours for Sunday afternoon.

Monday, if I'm feeling saucy, I may do up another fattie.
Denis A. Baldwin
Lakeland, FL
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm

Top Secret Throwdown items. *

* Really don't know but I'll take a picture of whatever it is.....
tarde venientibus ossa....
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:20 pm

No idea. Drummed some ribs tonight, but I don't know if the pics are worthy of the TD. Beyond that, ther's been a couple of suggestions from the kids, but nothing concrete as of now. Well, besides cinnamon rolls in the morning (canned, not scratch).
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
chilibbq
Wrangler

Postby chilibbq » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:17 am

Just doing some drinking today, cooking a chili cookoff tomorrow(Sun) in Arlington. Cooking some 1 1/2 to 2 in Ribeyes(some bone-in some not) Sun night, along with a few more brewski to finish the day out. Early Mon morning firing up the pit for 5 briskets and whatever else I might decide to throw on. Everybody enjoy themselves, and remember to enjoy the family that's with you, especially the grandkids!
chilibbq
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:02 am

I can finally contribute to this thread!!!

Doin a flat, 3 racks of baby backs, Dutches beans and 40 ABT's and taking it all to the inlaws for dinner tonight.

They are making either potato salad or macaroni salad and dessert.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:09 pm

TX Sandman wrote:No idea. Drummed some ribs tonight, but I don't know if the pics are worthy of the TD. Beyond that, ther's been a couple of suggestions from the kids, but nothing concrete as of now. Well, besides cinnamon rolls in the morning (canned, not scratch).

think I saw a pic of those ribs somewhere... they sure looked good to me! Kinda surprised that I ain't seen 'em posted here yet... :roll:
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:56 pm

JamesB wrote:
TX Sandman wrote:No idea. Drummed some ribs tonight, but I don't know if the pics are worthy of the TD. Beyond that, ther's been a couple of suggestions from the kids, but nothing concrete as of now. Well, besides cinnamon rolls in the morning (canned, not scratch).

think I saw a pic of those ribs somewhere... they sure looked good to me! Kinda surprised that I ain't seen 'em posted here yet... :roll:

Remember, he's a moderator over there so we play second fiddle now! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”