Whatcha Cookin This Weekend 5/2 - 5/4

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sat May 03, 2008 5:59 pm

tritonman wrote:Going with wife and girls to see Kenny Chesney tonight, .

Well then you are about 2 miles from my house, I take you went to Pizza Hut Park...where abouts do you live?

Cooked some spares today, and since I hardly ever cook spares, figured about 6 hrs at 250*....they were over done at in 5 hrs :shock:

The chicken wings and legs were very good though!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat May 03, 2008 9:50 pm

DJ wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:I have a catering gig too. Got 7 butts on the pit right now, 20 lbs. of beans cookin', 25 lb of potato salad done and 15 lb of cole slaw done.

Don't know bout you PT, but man, I'm pretty pooped....up all night, then served from 10:30 am to 4:00 this afternoon however, it was pretty sporadic.....was an open house at a Pool place, rained all day and all week the forecast was for sunny skies...took most of the fun outa it....hope yours went better than mine, weatherwise anyway....
dj

Yep we're tired this was a political meet the candidates free BBQ we did I thought we'd get blitzed but it really wasn't too bad. I made DaHorns mustard sauce plus some red NC sauce they both went over big. I also opened a bottle of Red Hot and Blue Hoochie Coochie sauce that crap is HOT and there was a lot of that used (I also served Stubbs and a couple other commercial sauces). I can never figure out what people are gonna go for. Was nice but kinda cool I wore a jacket all day.
tarde venientibus ossa....
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sat May 03, 2008 10:09 pm

I had a different cook tonight. Forgot the camera, so couldn't get pics. Sorry.

Went to the outlaws' for dinner tonight, a recipe for flatiron steak with a chimichuri sauce. It wasn't until I was seasoning the meat that I saw it was bison flank steaks. :shock:

That was flat the *tenderest* meat I've cooked in a long time. Perfect medium, cut with a fork, *awesome*! I was so ticked at myself for not having pics.

Of course, we didn't tell anyone until after the meal what they were eating. They all loved it, and my kids couldn't get enough.

The chimichuri sauce, eh. No big deal, not enough to post results.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
bryanm USER_AVATAR
BryanM
Cowboy

Postby BryanM » Sun May 04, 2008 3:48 pm

bowhnter wrote:
tritonman wrote:Going with wife and girls to see Kenny Chesney tonight, .

Well then you are about 2 miles from my house, I take you went to Pizza Hut Park...where abouts do you live?

Cooked some spares today, and since I hardly ever cook spares, figured about 6 hrs at 250*....they were over done at in 5 hrs :shock:

The chicken wings and legs were very good though!

I decided to let my oldest daughter invite a friend to the concert, and I just stayed home and drank a few brews in the driveway and watched the pit smoke. I cooked 2 sticks of boudin just to say I was cooking something, but I was just happy sitting there smelling the wood burn.

Got up early and put the meat on today. hickens and ribs are done, and brisket comes off at 6:00.

Here's a couple of pics of the cooking.

BTW - I live in Southlake.

2 hours in

Ready for some sticky ribs
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Sun May 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Sticky ribs? Look awful good. Care to share - I haven't heard of them before!
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”