Grilled Chicken Salad - No Pix

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Grilled Chicken Salad - No Pix

Postby txsmkmstr » Thu May 30, 2019 8:08 pm

For some reason I just cant get motivated to finish pictures and post after a cook. I still have Memorial Day rib pictures that need to be edited, uploaded and posted but can't seem to find the time to do so. Perhaps this weekend and that'll make up for what I'm about to post.

Starting out with some Sanderson Farms boneless skinless chicken breast I pounded them out to about 1/2" thick - which took a while as these were pterodactyl breasts for sure. Seasoned with some Green Beans & Everything (thanks to TX1911) and slapped on the Blackstone greased up with pig fat. Off to the side were some pickled jalapenos sauteed in butter and chopped. With the Blackstone on medium high I got a nice golden brown crust on both sides of the chicken - this is where I should have started taking pictures. Once pulled and left resting the assembly began. Starting with a large square dinner plate a nice bed of lettuce was laid down. Toppings of choice were added (cheese, maters, whatnot). Next up was dressing of choice (Blue Cheese, please) and then off to cube up the chicken breast. Add the chicken and sprinkle the sauteed jalapenos on top.

I gotta say, this was one fine meal that came together outta nowhere. The G/F gave major thumbs up and there's still another breast that cooked and ready for a weekend meal. Semi-healthy for a change. :laughing7: I love this Blackstone griddle and keep finding more ways to have fun with it. Anyway, just wanted to share and hats off to everyone that takes the time to post pictures - it would have been a nice addition to this thread.

:chef:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Grilled Chicken Salad - No Pix

Postby Rambo » Thu May 30, 2019 8:31 pm

What is " Green Beans and everything " seasoning ?
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:10 pm

Sounds nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Fri May 31, 2019 8:30 am

Green Beans & Everything is a spice mix from The Swinging Door in Richmond, TX. Our very own TX1911 sent me a bottle a couple years back and I found it to be great on pork and chicken. Somewhat salty with a flavor profile more along Italian - no hint of sweet whatsoever. A nice break from my usual go-to rubs.
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”