Whatcha Cookin This Weekend 2/22 - 2/24

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:05 am

honu41 wrote:Hi Deputy Dave,

I been batting double zero in locating meaty beef ribs. May have to talk to a butcher. I know that some markets carry ribs that are cut across the bone for Korean style bbq. If you look at CF's pic of the ribs the cut, 1/4" to 1/2" thick is made at right angles of the ribs. As in left to right ...

May have to special order. But I will keep looking :)

Have a great weekend with great Q'ing...

malama pono a hui hou,

The butcher shop I stopped at had big hunks of Short Ribs but at 3.99/lb didn't feel like experimenting. First time I've ever seen uncut flat ribs. Looked like a box almost with a thin lay of fat on top. Measurements about 6"x8"x3".
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:33 am

Aloha Dave,

Mahalo for the info. About $3.50 is the going price for beef ribs cut crossways. Maybe it could be a few cents cheaper if bought as a chunk like in CF's pic. Our local Costco cuts darn near all of the meat off the rib cage, slices the meat to about 3/8" thick THEN sells the bones as "meaty".

I asked a couple of times if they would sell me the chunk but the manager said they do not do special orders. He insisted that selling it to me before cross-cutting constituted a special order. :roll: :? :?

Have a great weekend.

malama pono a hui hou,
honu41
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:45 pm

WOW! CF those are some good looking bones. Can't wait to see the results.
a stumpted toe hurts

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”