Mother’s Day Steaks!

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Mother’s Day Steaks!

Postby bsooner75 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Wife said her parents were coming for Mother’s Day and she wanted steaks. So, we had steak!

SB 1836 on the steak
SB hogwaller honey on bacon wrapped asparagus
Brown sugar on the assorted fruit

Steaks and asparagus were fantastic. The dessert was good but the other fruits did t hold up as well as the pineapple. Either way it was a heck of a meal.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Mother’s Day Steaks!

Postby Rambo » Sun May 12, 2019 8:49 pm

:cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 13, 2019 5:47 am

S.I.L. = Sooner In Laws = Smiling In Laws = :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon May 13, 2019 8:59 am

excellent
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 am

OldUsedParts wrote:S.I.L. = Sooner In Laws = Smiling In Laws = :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:

I guess so…that was a pic of my steak. They insist on having theirs burnt to a crisp. Slowly but surely I’ve got my wife back down to eating hers medium to med well. Still working to get her to eat a steak at proper temp my 13 year old daughter is on board and gigs mom pretty hard about it.

Thanks y’all!

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 am

Looks great, even if it is RAW!!!!!! lol
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 am

outlaw wrote:Looks great, even if it is RAW!!!!!! lol

LOL!!!! Thanks!

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Hey there, Friend :tup: So good to see you posting, EVEN if you haven't learnt how to Grill a Steak. Maybe there's still hope :dont: :scratch: :laughing7: :lol: :D :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon May 13, 2019 3:09 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:

Hey there, Friend :tup: So good to see you posting, EVEN if you haven't learnt how to Grill a Steak. Maybe there's still hope :dont: :scratch: :laughing7: :D :salut: :texas:
^^^^^^^

Just like a witch with her brew
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon May 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Don’t care what anyone see about souz vide, I’d tap that. I’m guessing you SV and then reverse sear to finish Sooner?
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Boots wrote:Don’t care what anyone see about souz vide, I’d tap that. I’m guessing you SV and then reverse sear to finish Sooner?

Yes sir! SV at 130 for about 3 1/2 hours with seasoning and Kerry Irish Gold Butter in the pouch. Removed mine and the kids and gave them an ice bath while I let the others steaks continue to cook offset on the kettle. When theirs got to temp I seared them and brought the kids and mine out for a 2 minute per side sear.

My FIL had his teeth replaced a month or so back with posts and screw in teeth. This was his first attempt at eating meat. He said it was so tender that it was easy for him to eat…even if he does like his burnt

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon May 13, 2019 4:46 pm

bsooner75 wrote:
Boots wrote:Don’t care what anyone see about souz vide, I’d tap that. I’m guessing you SV and then reverse sear to finish Sooner?

Yes sir! SV at 130 for about 3 1/2 hours with seasoning and Kerry Irish Gold Butter in the pouch. Removed mine and the kids and gave them an ice bath while I let the others steaks continue to cook offset on the kettle. When theirs got to temp I seared them and brought the kids and mine out for a 2 minute per side sear.

My FIL had his teeth replaced a month or so back with posts and screw in teeth. This was his first attempt at eating meat. He said it was so tender that it was easy for him to eat…even if he does like his burnt

Looks great man !!

My bro and I are ready to pull the trigger on a few of them.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:54 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:

Looks great man !!

My bro and I are ready to pull the trigger on a few of them.

It’s worth it for chicken breasts alone. We SV them on the weekend, ice bath and toss in the fridge, then bring them out on a weeknight and finish them off in the skillet for whatever dish we are doing.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon May 13, 2019 8:10 pm

bsooner75 wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:S.I.L. = Sooner In Laws = Smiling In Laws = :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:

I guess so…that was a pic of my steak. They insist on having theirs burnt to a crisp. Slowly but surely I’ve got my wife back down to eating hers medium to med well. Still working to get her to eat a steak at proper temp my 13 year old daughter is on board and gigs mom pretty hard about it.

Thanks y’all!

Snap, my wife's cooked right through, mine and my son are blue. I start her steak 20 mins before mine,lmao.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
emradguy USER_AVATAR
emradguy
Wrangler

Postby emradguy » Mon May 13, 2019 10:37 pm

My wife bought me a SV last Father’s Day. I haven’t used it more than a couple of times. Seems like a waste of effort and time to me for a simple slab of beef. I’ve been grillin’ steaks so long, I can get ‘em done perfect just by feeling them with the tongs. That said, maybe I ought to use it when I grill lamb rib chops? They have that rockin’ layer of fat that renders out and causes some crazy flare-ups. I suppose if I SV them, then they won’t be on the grill long enough for the flare-ups to happen? Sounds like a great excuse to fire up my grill!

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”